John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive opportunity for EFC.... go massively public and make a statement to everyman and his dog, " Stones has our permission to talk to any club that is willing to meet our asking price ... the price of £50 million . No time wasters please, we are willing to do business if our valuation is met..."

Quite simple, we have something that people want to buy ( his value will not go down even if he plays in the reserves as good old Roy Hodgson has quoted that even if he not playing he will get in the squad.) the euros are coming, clubs have been watching him for a while and not just this year, they know his talent.

We have to make a public stance or next year this scenario will be for Barkley, Rom and the rest
This, over to you Bill.

Where was this?

I remember the, if the club say he's not for sale, we look somewhere else quote, never saw the other one though.
It was a bit cryptic and typical Mourinho but it was plain what he meant and I always feared this was going to happen. However I wanted to believe Stones would stay :(

http://www.theguardian.com/football...mourinho-everton-john-stones-roberto-martinez

Mourinho appears frustrated by the saga and was quick to mock Martínez’s stance. “Our strategy for the Premier League is going to change next year,” said the Chelsea manager, who maintains Martínez has not informed him, via a letter, that Stones was not for sale at any price.

“Next year we are going to make the first bid on the 1st of September. On the 1st of September we will do a bid for the season later. Because at this moment, until the 31st of August, it is closed. The market is closed. We are all in a strange world. We are all in a strange world. We think it is open but it is not open. It is closed. So on the 1st of September we are going to make a bid for the next season.”

If we sell stoes it has to be now, selling him will enable us to get Evans/Van Dijk, Mori, Lennon, Yarmolenko and maybe Austin. The team would look much stronger and for 35 mil that would be a great price for everyone

Not surprised

Is there even any point in English football anymore ?

No ones ever allowed into the "elite" as they just but up everyone else's good players.

Football is the most broken sport in the world, U.S. Sports are so much better in terms of competitiveness.
That's because in football, there's no "salary cap". FFP is a load of tosh so a club with some sugar daddy can easily be at the top.

So Roberto will you now tell Stones he is not going anywhere until Jan 2016, sit him on the bench till then. Failing to keep Stones should cost Roberto his job. Everton manager and board FN LIARS: Micky Mouse Club.

Just spoke to a guy in work.

His missus works at a golf club and hotel near Manchester and said that somebody rang up today to book John Stones in to stay tonight.

Maybe he's heading to United? Evans the other way as part of the deal?
Alderley Edge ?

Evans is a confirmed screw up. The lad is a disaster. Van Dijk has all the hallmarks of a class player. He'll leave Celtic this window and go to a top club.
A confirmed screw up? and Van Dijk has the hallmarks of a "class player" dont be ridiculous. how many times have you seen him play?

If we sell stoes it has to be now, selling him will enable us to get Evans/Van Dijk, Mori, Lennon, Yarmolenko and maybe Austin. The team would look much stronger and for 35 mil that would be a great price for everyone

That won't happen though. You won't see that money again - we won't re-invest this window, which I'm sure our board have planned well in advance with Chelsea.

An ode to John Stones

Oh John stones why do you make me cry?
I'm shaking, sobbing asking why?
To us it's a mystery
Why leave for a club with no history?
A bunch of cockney slags with plastic flags
When you could have had the love of honest working lads.
But now to us your a judas and dead
I'm so angry I hit my mums face with my head.
So at the end of your career when you count your winners medals
You'll realise you lost much more when you could have stayed honest but poor.

I....I can't go on anymore blubbing like a newborn here lids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back