John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chelsea game at home is the first game after the transfer window closes, probably the first game after we sell Stones.

Goodison is going to be nothing more than a hostile, horrible, angry cauldron for Josè and those horrible smug cockney carts. Them and skytv are everything that's wrong with the game. I hope we give them absolute hell like never before.

Board scripted pantomime:

Set 1 - Dastardly judas John hands in transfer request to the apparent shock of the EFC board, and the actual shock of the fans. Cue booing of John from the simpleton crowd.

Set 2 - Kenwright leaves sick bed and rides to the rescue of the club to clinch signing of Yarmolenko, which had stalled due to foreign pig dog Ukranian intransigence and was not ever dependent on the Stones transfer funds. Cue cheers from crowd.

Set 3 - Some more sundry incomings follow, and at the end of the window there is a nil or very minor net spend during the era of record tv income. Cue Daily Mail article praising the running of the club and financial prudence.

Epilogue - some years later, Everton are relegated despite the boards heroics

When Lescott left I said there goes your England career, Gosling, Rodwell, Lescott. All of you get stuffed. And Stones. I'd think again if I were you.....

The Chelsea game at home is the first game after the transfer window closes, probably the first game after we sell Stones.

Goodison is going to be nothing more than a hostile, horrible, angry cauldron for Josè and those horrible smug cockney carts. Them and skytv are everything that's wrong with the game. I hope we give them absolute hell like never before.
I bet the captain of the team wont be hostile.

He practically laid out a red carpet for Stones to leave.

Rot in the reserves....make a statement...just say no etc.

Same thing every time this situation comes up at any club. Stones could've been a great Everton player for years but is that what he actually wants?

Instead he'll be an option excellent bit of business, a massive profit and provide the money to make one or two more gambles and in time be forgotten.

Jesus Christ, the state of some in here.

We could easily get a good price here, and with decent re-investment by Martinez, we'll see ourselves come out of this with a better squad, just as we did with Rooney.

All this crap about the board etc, Chelsea used the media to unsettle him and it has worked. I'm disappointed, I like Stones, but if he wants to go I see why. Trophies and money.

Now lets discuss price, I reckon 30 + Moses. This is to reduce the pay to Barnsley in sell on fees.

It was a bit cryptic and typical Mourinho but it was plain what he meant and I always feared this was going to happen. However I wanted to believe Stones would stay :(

http://www.theguardian.com/football...mourinho-everton-john-stones-roberto-martinez

Mourinho appears frustrated by the saga and was quick to mock Martínez’s stance. “Our strategy for the Premier League is going to change next year,” said the Chelsea manager, who maintains Martínez has not informed him, via a letter, that Stones was not for sale at any price.

“Next year we are going to make the first bid on the 1st of September. On the 1st of September we will do a bid for the season later. Because at this moment, until the 31st of August, it is closed. The market is closed. We are all in a strange world. We are all in a strange world. We think it is open but it is not open. It is closed. So on the 1st of September we are going to make a bid for the next season.”

I can't see it mate, how does that clearly translate as the Everton board want to wait till the end of the window then sell John Stones?

Listen, we will survive without Stones. Put his potential to the side and he offers little we couldn't replace now.

Make no mistake, I'm not downplaying him. I know he will be the best CB in the country and I suspect within 2-3 years will be better than any CB we'll see play for us for a long time. But he's only recently become first choice, and we can hopefully strengthen other positions if we sell him. The dream of seeing him captain us to glory will die, but hopefully we can sign some new heroes in the wake of that.

They key thing is that we hold firm and either do not sell or we absolutely rinse Chelsea. Anything less than £35m is poor business for us, given all the factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back