John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
A confirmed screw up? and Van Dijk has the hallmarks of a "class player" dont be ridiculous. how many times have you seen him play?
Roughly? 20-25 times in the SPL and Europe.

The feller is class and nailed on to represent his country and play CL footy. There will be suitors in for Van Dijk.

Listen, we will survive without Stones. Put his potential to the side and he offers little we couldn't replace now.

Make no mistake, I'm not downplaying him. I know he will be the best CB in the country and I suspect within 2-3 years will be better than any CB we'll see play for us for a long time. But he's only recently become first choice, and we can hopefully strengthen other positions if we sell him. The dream of seeing him captain us to glory will die, but hopefully we can sign some new heroes in the wake of that.

They key thing is that we hold firm and either do not sell or we absolutely rinse Chelsea. Anything less than £35m is poor business for us, given all the factors.
You're right, I think 30 million + Cahill is fair.

The best cb in the league or the best English cb?

Best in the league. He's unique, he really is.

Even if he does kick up a stink and acts like a tit from here on out, I won't kneejerk into childish denial. He is the dog's bollocks.

But, CBs can be replaced. If we end up with someone as good as he is now but also another key player and some more depth, then on the whole, we'll be stronger.

Board scripted pantomime:

Set 1 - Dastardly judas John hands in transfer request to the apparent shock of the EFC board, and the actual shock of the fans. Cue booing of John from the simpleton crowd.

Set 2 - Kenwright leaves sick bed and rides to the rescue of the club to clinch signing of Yarmolenko, which had stalled due to foreign pig dog Ukranian intransigence and was not ever dependent on the Stones transfer funds. Cue cheers from crowd.

Set 3 - Some more sundry incomings follow, and at the end of the window there is a nil or very minor net spend during the era of record tv income. Cue Daily Mail article praising the running of the club and financial prudence.

Epilogue - some years later, Everton are relegated despite the boards heroics
Realistically that's the best case scenario at this stage. I think our chance of getting Yarmolenko has passed.

What a joke! 1st him, then it will be Barkley, then lukaku. Shouldn't even surprise me.

May as well just sign has been journeymen - no hope for the future with ' exciting young talent' that just bugger off as soon as possible. At 45 I should be used to this.....getting heartbroken by lads young enough to be my kids

Said a few months ago that this is not a disaster, loosing Stones will not make a massive difference to the way we play, not investing the money will be the disaster. If we spend well could be a good thing? Not saying I want him sold but not as distraught as some, get him to [Poor language removed] if he wants to go!
It is if it's too late to spend the money n get a top cb in. Should have done what the lot across the park did n put 50m on him n he can go. I for one won't be happy if it's 40m this late. Stones wanted to go should have said so a month ago. Rooney all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back