John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of long term contracts, just a way for a pay rise and a large signing on fee for the player. If you not going to honour at least half of its term good riddenns

That is the very nature of contracts these days. Essentially they mean nothing, other than if you tie a player down to one and someone else comes in for them, then you will get more money for them.

It's not about loyalty, it's about money.

So just to confirm is it just sources at the minute mate?

If so I will save my fume for another day. If it turns out to be true then Everton, well more importantly Martinez has to flat out refuse to sell him.

We sell him.for 40m and what then? We spend 30m on crap in a rush and basically means we haven't spent a penny this summer.

I want to see if we've got the balls to stick him in the reserves whilst still going out getting these 3 players he keeps talking about. If we sell, Martinez words will have been hollow and for me it means ALL OF US as fans of this great club have to stick together and get this joke of a board out because it isn't acceptable for kids aged 21 after one decent season thinking they can do a Rooney on us. If we can't make a kid stick it out here with all the money washing about in football well that just shows you how the mighty have fallen and my anger will be directed firmly on the board of directors whose job it is to adhere to our motto, some thing they've been trying to erase for the best part of 25 years.

Yeah supposedly sky reported that they believe he handed in a transfer request, then the BBC followed saying the same, they probably just followed sky.

Best in the league. He's unique, he really is.

Even if he does kick up a stink and acts like a tit from here on out, I won't kneejerk into childish denial. He is the dog's bollocks.

But, CBs can be replaced. If we end up with someone as good as he is now but also another key player and some more depth, then on the whole, we'll be stronger.
I don't see how he's that unique besides being English. It's not like he's in the same class as young defenders like varane and Marquinhos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back