John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best in the league. He's unique, he really is.

Even if he does kick up a stink and acts like a tit from here on out, I won't kneejerk into childish denial. He is the dog's bollocks.

But, CBs can be replaced. If we end up with someone as good as he is now but also another key player and some more depth, then on the whole, we'll be stronger.
That's if we spend all the money.

With the money we should have anyway, considering we've only spent about £5m, we should be spending whatever we get for Stones (minus Barnsley's cut) plus about £10m. Can't see it happening. Reckon we'll spend about £25m tops.

He has been badly advised Everton is the best place for him at the minute can't see him getting much game time at Chelsea, Another season at Everton and a good euros for England surely he would be worth more next summer.

Not one quote from anyone anywhere other than "sky sources"

BBC are running it mate meaning it's been verified to them , for all their faults the Beeb tend to verify every sporting story as if it was news. Sadly I'd think there is some truth in this.

He has been badly advised Everton is the best place for him at the minute can't see him getting much game time at Chelsea, Another season at Everton and a good euros for England surely he would be worth more next summer.

Did you watch Terry the other day? Looked to me like Distin after last years closed season where suddenly age just catches up with you .

That's if we spend all the money.

With the money we should have anyway, considering we've only spent about £5m, we should be spending whatever we get for Stones (minus Barnsley's cut) plus about £10m. Can't see it happening. Reckon we'll spend about £25m tops.

We'll see. I mean we did seemingly spend all of the Fellaini money, didn't we?

I do not believe the board will invest a penny and I think we'll see less of the Tv money go on transfers than any other club in the league. But, if we sell, I remain hopeful that it will be spent if Roberto wants to spend it.

There arent many centre backs who are as good at playing the way Martinez wants though.

Yep that is an issue mate and he looks like he is one of the best at it already, but I suppose that is why we won't be able to keep him - he's unique and highly sought after. He is still only a centre half though and even though football has changed with regards to 'footballing centre halves', his primary role is defending and as long as we replace him with someone who can do that and pass a little bit, we'll be ok.
Not like Lescott or Distin* who looked like the ball was a foreign object at their feet.

*- did well actually first season under Martinez, but then reverted to knocking it to the ball boys, oppo keeper or the crowd with his passing.

Point being that transfers happen during the transfer window?
yep thats the point. well done. All normal, most teams sell their star players 2-3 games into the season 7-10 days before the window closes, perfectly normal practice. I think Hazard, Silva, Rooney, Sanchez, Coutinho deals will be finalised withing the next few hours. All teams sell massively important player at this point in the season.

K'den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back