John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things like this always go the 1 way

player says he wants to leave, (some) fans fume "make him stay, put him in the reserves"

He goes and we get a couple players in and say 'oh we got a good deal, cant wait to boo the rat'

Eff modern footballl

Are you trying to make a point?

No. I'm curious to know how late in the window other significant departures occur to see how it compares with that list. If Everton are unique in that regard, yes, there's probably something ugly going on. If all clubs experience similar timelines, there probably isn't much to make of it.

I can't see it mate, how does that clearly translate as the Everton board want to wait till the end of the window then sell John Stones?
He's saying that the window isn't really open when it comes to this transfer till the last day. He knew he would get Stones but would have to wait. After saying this he also shut up about Stones because I'm sure our board didn't like the fact that he said it and told him in no uncertain terms.

You mean how late?

If we're trying to keep the player though, it will be later.
Ok I'm not going to take you on, if you think all seems normal with the lateness of these deal, all after the season started, all after which ever manager will have his style of foorball, patterns of play set up for the season and then a prized asset goes with little time to replace.

It's just the inevitability that can get tiresome I suppose. Had a similar situation with the missus where despite what everyone says, you can see it coming a mile off.

The important thing is to keep moving forward. Always try and look on the bright side. Chins up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back