John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seriously think england are in good stead for the future with a future back 4 of clyne, stones, chambers and shaw. then they have attacking talent like oxlade-chamberlain, barkley, sterling and berahino.

think the main core of these should be playing now looking towards the next WC tbh

the lad oozes confidence, which is his best trait.

jagielka, without being too critical, has been exposed against the top top strikers many times before and does seem nervy every time he plays against them now. still one of the best CB's in the league mind, but stones and distin for the bigger games wouldn't be the worst decision in the world.

The aerial and physical side of the game is less important now than it was two or three years ago. None of that bothers Stones anyway but a player like him will flourish in a more technical PL.

Could easily be the best defender in the league within 3 years.

Been thinking about this. We have two of the best English CB youth prospects contracted til 2019 (Stones and Galloway), and Browning signed a new deal this year too. Presuming at least two of the three come good on their tipped potential - what happens in 2018 when Jags and Distin are 36 and 40? Is age and experience utterly essential at CB, meaning a late-20s CB gets brought in to partner one of them, or would two very good but young CBs work? Ferdinand was obviously huge at 22.

Been thinking about this. We have two of the best English CB youth prospects contracted til 2019 (Stones and Galloway), and Browning signed a new deal this year too. Presuming at least two of the three come good on their tipped potential - what happens in 2018 when Jags and Distin are 36 and 40? Is age and experience utterly essential at CB, meaning a late-20s CB gets brought in to partner one of them, or would two very good but young CBs work? Ferdinand was obviously huge at 22.

The great thing is Stones is so far ahead of where his age implies in terms of maturity. Sure he has things to learn, a lot to learn, but his age really doesn't matter. In a couple of years with Stones it'll be like having an experienced defender and we'll be able to blood one of the two you mention next to him.

For me it's experience over age. Stones will have played 100 games including european and international football by the time Jags is done and dusted. Nobody knows how the other two will go but I'd imagine they'll get brought along if they're good enough.

John Stones, though I've only seen him a few times, he's slow, he doesn't see danger quickly enough, his distribution is second rate, he is not brave enough, the rest of the team can see that he is a [Poor language removed] liability and when he plays at full back even Hibbert can cross it better, also, he is very like Jamie Carragher.......never passed the ball forward since the
Falklands conflict. In the late 1970s I felt exactly the same about another young full back we had, His name was
Kevin Ratcliffe.

Lol.

ScrawnyDeadCapybara.gif

John Stones, though I've only seen him a few times, he's slow, he doesn't see danger quickly enough, his distribution is second rate, he is not brave enough, the rest of the team can see that he is a [Poor language removed] liability and when he plays at full back even Hibbert can cross it better, also, he is very like Jamie Carragher.......never passed the ball forward since the
Falklands conflict. In the late 1970s I felt exactly the same about another young full back we had, His name was
Kevin Ratcliffe.
OH MY. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back