John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was excellent yesterday. Kept that clown ollsen under wraps on corners and put in some classy challenges. He is very good on the ball and looks excellent going forward. Jags seems to gain confidence from playing next to him as well

It really is no coincedence. 7 wins in a row last season when he played. First appearance at centreback this season, first clean sheet. He's a better partner for jags or distin than the other one would be. Should be first choice pairing Jags and Stones.

Stones and Distin is our best partnership, but Jagielka was better yesterday and I hope he can regain his form. We will miss Distin's pace and stature though.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Kept that clown ollsen under wraps on corners and put in some classy challenges. He is very good on the ball and looks excellent going forward. Jags seems to gain confidence from playing next to him as well
Bit too close marking for my liking. Could easily have given a penalty away. The fellah is going to be brilliant in the near future but still needs a bit more experience yet.

John Stones, though I've only seen him a few times, he's slow, he doesn't see danger quickly enough, his distribution is second rate, he is not brave enough, the rest of the team can see that he is a [Poor language removed] liability and when he plays at full back even Hibbert can cross it better, also, he is very like Jamie Carragher.......never passed the ball forward since the
Falklands conflict. In the late 1970s I felt exactly the same about another young full back we had, His name was
Kevin Ratcliffe.

The aerial and physical side of the game is less important now than it was two or three years ago. None of that bothers Stones anyway but a player like him will flourish in a more technical PL.

Could easily be the best defender in the league within 3 years.

i probably actually feel most comfortable when stones is contesting aerial duels atm out of our CB's. jags seems to love missing them or doing the head slide back into play and distin isnt as commanding as he should be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back