• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the papers are saying that he wants a buy-out in his contract for 37m or he won't sign a new deal.

It makes you wonder why he thinks Everton would agree to that considering we have him now on no buy-out and less money unless it's just to keep him happy.

Of course it may all be paper talk and since we're playing Chelsea this weekend everything has to be taken with a grain of salt but what are people's views on this? Personally if we are to put a clause in it needs to go in and only be active between a certain time like Fellaini's so we don't lose him in January or late in the summer window however I also do think from Stones' perspective we need to be fair with him. There is an argument that we are holding back his career if we try to keep him at all costs.
papers chat wham cause they have nothing else to talk about.

So the papers are saying that he wants a buy-out in his contract for 37m or he won't sign a new deal.

It makes you wonder why he thinks Everton would agree to that considering we have him now on no buy-out and less money unless it's just to keep him happy.

Of course it may all be paper talk and since we're playing Chelsea this weekend everything has to be taken with a grain of salt but what are people's views on this? Personally if we are to put a clause in it needs to go in and only be active between a certain time like Fellaini's so we don't lose him in January or late in the summer window however I also do think from Stones' perspective we need to be fair with him. There is an argument that we are holding back his career if we try to keep him at all costs.

When will you stop believing utter rubbish newspaper reports that come without a single quote from anyone connected with the subject mate?

Analyse how ridiculous the story is that he would insist upon a release clause which would mean we had to sell for an amount we have already supposedly turned down according to the same sources, seriously just think about that and how ridiculous it sounds when you say it out loud.

If you cannot see this exactly for what it is and a story leaked with no substance from the Chelsea end or just made up by a paper with a pro Chelsea bias to unsettle a player and a team before a massive high profile game then your blind, same as Coleman and Baines seemed to get linked to United just prior to our games against them every single season.

Also how the hell are we holding back his career, you seen how Chelsea churns over and discards young players and old alike they bring in, i'm assuming he would move ahead of Zouma if they bought him, guess that bloke was assured promises of his future at the team as well when he first signed for Chelsea wasn't he?

Oh btw their was a actual quote from someone connected to the Yarmolenko to Barca story the other day, it was their sporting director and he effectively said they had had zero contact about the player, so guess that Spanish paper you liked quoting was talking out of it's backside again, Facts their mate - incontrovertible ones.

When will you stop believing utter rubbish newspaper reports that come without a single quote from anyone connected with the subject mate?

Analyse how ridiculous the story is that he would insist upon a release clause which would mean we had to sell for an amount we have already supposedly turned down according to the same sources, seriously just think about that and how ridiculous it sounds when you say it out loud.

If you cannot see this exactly for what it is and a story leaked with no substance from the Chelsea end or just made up by a paper with a pro Chelsea bias to unsettle a player and a team before a massive high profile game then your blind, same as Coleman and Baines seemed to get linked to United just prior to our games against them every single season.

Also how the hell are we holding back his career, you seen how Chelsea churns over and discards young players and old alike they bring in, i'm assuming he would move ahead of Zouma if they bought him, guess that bloke was assured promises of his future at the team as well when he first signed for Chelsea wasn't he?

Oh btw their was a actual quote from someone connected to the Yarmolenko to Barca story the other day, it was their sporting director and he effectively said they had had zero contact about the player, so guess that Spanish paper you liked quoting was talking out of it's backside again, Facts their mate - incontrovertible ones.
Do you even read anything. I did say.

"Of course it may all be paper talk and since we're playing Chelsea this weekend everything has to be taken with a grain of salt but what are people's views on this"

Do you even read anything. I did say.

"Of course it may all be paper talk and since we're playing Chelsea this weekend everything has to be taken with a grain of salt but what are people's views on this"

Fact you even had doubts if the stories are genuine or not is the concerning part mate

Please go and support someone else you monumental bellend.

We are holding back his career because he's capable of playing in a team in the Champions League who are aiming to win titles. Playing in these big games is the reason why players get the nod over other players when it comes to internationals etc.

That's the reason why it's virtually impossible to build a team that will grow together because you just don't get the time and why it was so important to get a proper No 10 in the summer. We will not get the time before they get picked a part.

To keep Stones we needed to show ambition and the reality is in this window we didn't. We signed a couple of decent players and a player for the future but no one that could fire us into the champions league now. Don't blame me for saying that - that's the reality of football and why I was so angry at us not making sure we signed that marque player.

If we want to keep Stones we need to sign someone big in January.

We are holding back his career because he's capable of playing in a team in the Champions League who are aiming to win titles. Playing in these big games is the reason why players get the nod over other players when it comes to internationals etc.

That's the reason why it's virtually impossible to build a team that will grow together because you just don't get the time and why it was so important to get a proper No 10 in the summer. We will not get the time before they get picked a part.

To keep Stones we needed to show ambition and the reality is in this window we didn't. We signed a couple of decent players and a player for the future but no one that could fire us into the champions league now. Don't blame me for saying that - that's the reality of football and why I was so angry at us not making sure we signed that marque player.

So United should have sold Rooney before last season mate as they must have been holding back his career with them not being in Europe, same for Chelsea if they fail to qualify for a CL one year they should basically have a fire sale of any of their internationals?

or does holding a player back only count for a valid reason to sell if their our player? btw did you think we should have sold Baines to United when OFM made the comment which echoes yours about holding their career back?

I know I'm not contributing to discussion, but you sir are the master of dirge.

Lacina Traoré to rejoin in January?

Speaking to Esport3, he said: “It's true that we're evaluating a number of players. [Nolito] is a player that both the coach and I know very well, but it's not an easy situation, He's a market opportunity, so we'll see if we can [sign him] or not. [On Andriy Yarmolenko], he's a good player but we haven't negotiated for him.”

That's the actual quote. The Spanish papers have always said Nolito is there preferred choice and the link to Yarmolenko only arose because Nolito signed a new deal. However after the window it was revealed the new deal contained a lesser buyout fee for Barca.

The most likely thing is Barca will sign Nolito but that doesn't rule out the chance that Yarmolenko is their backup and that's the reason he decided to stay.

Basically we should have went for Yarmolenko earlier and gave Kiev what they wanted.

Speaking to Esport3, he said: “It's true that we're evaluating a number of players. [Nolito] is a player that both the coach and I know very well, but it's not an easy situation, He's a market opportunity, so we'll see if we can [sign him] or not. [On Andriy Yarmolenko], he's a good player but we haven't negotiated for him.”

That's the actual quote. The Spanish papers have always said Nolito is there preferred choice and the link to Yarmolenko only arose because Nolito signed a new deal. However after the window it was revealed the new deal contained a lesser buyout fee for Barca.

The most likely thing is Barca will sign Nolito but that doesn't rule out the chance that Yarmolenko is their backup and that's the reason he decided to stay.

Basically we should have went for Yarmolenko earlier and gave Kiev what they wanted.

Stay on topic please

Their ya go mate, they haven't negotiated for him, basically means all the Spanish reports from the jarg metro over their are as i said utter fabricated bollocks

P.S. Kiev's owner was never going to sell him no matter when we bid, and due to Vibrac lad we couldn't have bid any earlier are you not getting that through your head?

So United should have sold Rooney before last season mate as they must have been holding back his career with them not being in Europe, same for Chelsea if they fail to qualify for a CL one year they should basically have a fire sale of any of their internationals?

or does holding a player back only count for a valid reason to sell if their our player? btw did you think we should have sold Baines to United when OFM made the comment which echoes yours about holding their career back?
You can say a lot of things about Utd but lacking ambition isn't one of them. They spent 60m on a teenager because they couldn't sign a world class star.

I think we should have sold Baines but only at the right price which I don't think Utd were willing to offer. We would have avoided the issue with Garbutt and still been able to start Oviedo.

I've no problem holding on to players if the price isn't right or if the time isn't right but you have to take into account their career ambitions as well.

Their ya go mate, they haven't negotiated for him, basically means all the Spanish reports from the jarg metro over their are as i said utter fabricated bollocks

P.S. Kiev's owner was never going to sell him no matter when we bid, and due to Vibrac lad we couldn't have bid any earlier are you not getting that through your head?
The vibrac loan excuse. Now you are having a laugh. I believe the board is incompetent but to think they can't organize a loan to be ready for the start of the summer window is a level of incompetency I can't believe. I suspect we will never know why they bid so late and anything we say is just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back