• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman will know a good centre half when he sees one won't be sold unless he doesn't rate him which is highly unlikely

Not talking about that specific incident.

You must have missed the moans and groans every time he touched the ball for the last 8 months.

"Ar av had enough of him lad"
"Just f***** go John"
"There he is, thinking he's Beckenbauer".

Ah.....so "abuse" is downgraded to "moans and groans".

Sure there were plenty of "moans and groans" last season.

Every one of those players out there from January through May, except the young lads who came in near the end, had exasperated us so much that "moans and groans" became the soundtrack to the dog days of the Roberto Martinez regime.

That, my friend, is not "abuse".

That is passionate fans giving vent to their frustration at the garbage we were paying our hard earned dosh to watch and a manager proudly boasting that he was not going to change his "philosophy" no matter what.

And a good job we did voice our discontent and all.....if we had just sat there like dummies, politely applauding every misplaced pass with a chorus of "hard luck, lad" then we might still have Bobby in charge :Blink:

Is that really what you want?

Passive acceptance of garbage is not the way of the Evertonian.....never was, never will be.

BTW.....if you heard "moans and groans" about Stones "every time he touched the ball for the last 8 months" then your ears are playing tricks on you.

And that probably drowned out the rousing choruses of "can't buy you Stones" which was a very popular anthem around Goodison in the first half of those 8 months ;)

He would be very foolish to request a transfer now as the Euros are starting.
I am sure his agent will be quietly talking to our manager as have a number of interested clubs who learned that the bullying tactics of Chelsea simply will not work.

It may be that Stones may feel he could learn a lot from Koeman, he could stay at Everton for another couple of seasons ans still leave as a very young man.

In a couple of seasons under Koeman maybe he won't have to leave Everton to fulfill his ambitions.

Ah.....so "abuse" is downgraded to "moans and groans".

Sure there were plenty of "moans and groans" last season.

Every one of those players out there from January through May, except the young lads who came in near the end, had exasperated us so much that "moans and groans" became the soundtrack to the dog days of the Roberto Martinez regime.

That, my friend, is not "abuse".

That is passionate fans giving vent to their frustration at the garbage we were paying our hard earned dosh to watch and a manager proudly boasting that he was not going to change his "philosophy" no matter what.

And a good job we did voice our discontent and all.....if we had just sat there like dummies, politely applauding every misplaced pass with a chorus of "hard luck, lad" then we might still have Bobby in charge :Blink:

Is that really what you want?

Passive acceptance of garbage is not the way of the Evertonian.....never was, never will be.

BTW.....if you heard "moans and groans" about Stones "every time he touched the ball for the last 8 months" then your ears are playing tricks on you.

And that probably drowned out the rousing choruses of "can't buy you Stones" which was a very popular anthem around Goodison in the first half of those 8 months ;)
No, I certainly wanted Martinez gone but the whole thing didn't help anyone did it. After all, we finished with our worst home record ever. That's from the start of the season to the end, by the way.

Don't tell me what my ears did or did not hear, I was there and you obviously weren't judging by your comments - it was abuse on plenty of occasions. And it was the home games rather than the handful of aways I went on.

Don't tell me what my ears did or did not hear, I was there and you obviously weren't judging by your comments - it was abuse on plenty of occasions. And it was the home games rather than the handful of aways I went on.

Well, it was you whom said people were "moaning and groaning every time John touched the ball during the past 8 months".

This is palpably untrue.

And you know it is.....hence your defensiveness when that simple truth is pointed out to you.

Well, it was you whom said people were "moaning and groaning every time John touched the ball during the past 8 months".

This is palpably untrue.

And you know it is.....hence your defensiveness when that simple truth is pointed out to you.
What am I getting defensive about? I'm just commenting on my match going experience.

You're the one following me round, telling me what I've seen isn't right? Have a day off you strange fella.

Ckn0jNMWUAAC3nc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back