• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the England manager will allow his players during the European Championship to hand in a transfer request ha ha !!!

VVD plays in a very similar style of play? Like, they're so akin it's untrue. The only difference is VVD's size/power.

Stones' mistakes are highlighted, and we all know he makes them.

But fgs, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling (supposedly the best centre back in England atm) make tons more (Smalling getting sent off in a cup final, conceding the penalty against us etc - Cahill being dreadful all season). Jags makes a fair few, Mori has had a few shockers. The list goes on...

If Stones wants to leave, we will know about it for certain after the Euros. He'll sit down with the new manager and the first thing on Koeman's list will be to try and persuade him to stay. However, if Pep comes calling, along with 150k per-week, CL football and a nice £40mil for us, he'll probably be off.

It would be a blow, though, and I'm not having some people claiming it wouldn't be, even though I'd be confident we'd get an adequate replacement in.

VVD would definitely cost a lot more than £20mil though.

Should be far, far more than 40m.

The new TV deal combined with our new owners intent should see no immediate need to sell. Closer to 100m at least.
Look at Rooney when he left for a measly £28m. He had years ahead of him, as has Stones. David Luiz went for £50m from Chelsea and he was older, not English and before the new money. The market continues to inflate at a rapid rate.

I would not entertain any bids for John unless they where well beyond market value.

...as I've said the quandary for Stones is that most players in the EFC squad are likely to be on more money than him and that could well include the likes of Gibson and Cleverley. If we stand firm he will be losing millions by not signing a contract. We hold the Aces which might explain his demeanour.

The abuse he got from the crowd at Goodison last year was well out of order.

I genuinely believe he's our best player.
When he got caught dilly-dallying around in our box, I'm sure he'd agree that's fair enough to be jeered. But some keep at it, just like with Rom, and that's uncalled for.

Edit: Definitely one of our best too. I'd say Rom's goal haul is more valuable but he's second, imo.

The abuse he got from the crowd at Goodison last year was well out of order.

I genuinely believe he's our best player.

What abuse?

I missed four home games last season and I never heard him being abused.

And don't try and count 38,000 of us yelling "get rid" when he did the Cruyff turn versus Spurs as "abuse".

That was a natural reaction from committed fans as their team held on for a point late in a game.

Indeed. Sell for around £40m, spend £20m on Van Dijk and we immediately improve the team with change left over.

Boss thing is we can buy his replacement before selling due to our wealth, so we don't have to show our hand early anymore.

So Stones has gone from being the best young CB in Europe to be being not as good as Southampton's best CB?!

So Stones has gone from being the best young CB in Europe to be being not as good as Southampton's best CB?!

He's still the best young CB in Europe. He's just not the finished article and won't be for a good five years.

And he wants away. So we should fleece as much money out of a club we can for him, and bring in a more complete defender for the here and now.

He would be very foolish to request a transfer now as the Euros are starting.
I am sure his agent will be quietly talking to our manager as have a number of interested clubs who learned that the bullying tactics of Chelsea simply will not work.

It may be that Stones may feel he could learn a lot from Koeman, he could stay at Everton for another couple of seasons ans still leave as a very young man.

What abuse?

I missed four home games last season and I never heard him being abused.

And don't try and count 38,000 of us yelling "get rid" when he did the Cruyff turn versus Spurs as "abuse".

That was a natural reaction from committed fans as their team held on for a point late in a game.
Not talking about that specific incident.

You must have missed the moans and groans every time he touched the ball for the last 8 months.

"Ar av had enough of him lad"
"Just f***** go John"
"There he is, thinking he's Beckenbauer"

I could go on and on and on.

He had an awful season but he's just a young, talented lad in a poor team.

In fact thinking about it, this was one of the main reasons why I binned the games off last season. The toxic negative atmosphere ensured I didn't enjoy it. Hopefully that's all behind us now with a new manager, coaching staff, and hopefully an influx of new players. Just hope Stones is one of those who stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back