• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think selling the Kones or McGeadys helps, Andy.

If I am reading what @The Esk says correctly, one of either Stones or Lukaku would need to go because their sale would go down in the books as a massive football related profit.

We wouldn't make two Bob on Kone and McGeady :(

In other words, it is not wages off the pay roll we need, it is a thumping, verifiable trading profit.

Leastways I think that is what I am reading.

On the other hand mate

Cleverley - 0 cost - sell for 8-10
Lennon - 4m cost sell for 7
McCarthy - 14m cost sell for 17-18
Garbutt - sell for 4

thats 18-20m trading profit raised on fringe players (mccarthy the exception) and all the values are very realistic in the current climate and with every single club having decent money to spend this summer

On the other hand mate

Garbutt - sell for 4

thats 18-20m trading profit raised on fringe players (mccarthy the exception) and all the values are very realistic in the current climate and with every single club having decent money to spend this summer

Yip....that would work :)

And we only paid a million for Mc Geady....I am sure we would at least triple that with a sale.

If I am reading what @The Esk says correctly, one of either Stones or Lukaku would need to go because their sale would go down in the books as a massive football related profit.

In other words, it is not wages off the pay roll we need, it is a thumping, verifiable trading profit.

Yup, cannae argue on Kone/McGeady and their limited valuations in the transfer market mate.

However, if we could move the likes of Kone and McGeady on even if only for nominal fees, then those fees and the reduction in the payroll would be of some (small) help to the overall financial picture.

I'm still erring on the side of FM and co securing additional revenue streams rather than succumbing to FFP pressure to sell one or any of the players we all would far rather stay.

Onwards... ;)

Yip....that would work :)

I just don't see us having a huge departure this summer mate personally, i think from the way the club has now trying to rebrand itself and change its image it would be totally counter productive and regardless of anything else would send the wrong message (depsite their being a reason for it)

Think myslef anyway we will see a half way measure - additional commercial deals and sponsorship we will be blindsided by as fans and some finanical smart decisions regarding players who have the biggets margin in player trading terms that are not vital to the way the team is percieved.

Cleverly, Lennon, Garbutt, McCarthy (possibly), Galloway (potentially), Robles, Coleman - any of those would likely command a substantial increase over what we paid for them should they be let go, some more likely than others obviously (Galloway is in that list entirely as he was ultra cheap and their would be serious interest at a substantial profit should we let it know we are willing)

Actually think myself we could see a shock move which sees coleman leave the team this summer - rather we kept him ofc but talking about amount of profit it would hit 2/3 of the figure esk mentioned straight away and wouldnt have the negative impact that either stones or lukaku leaving would have on the job of rebranding the club

On the other hand mate

Garbutt - sell for 4

Lennon could potentially be the easiest to sell if needs be as his performances last season should have raised the value of his stock.
Not sure the same could be said of TC or JM though sadly.

Yup, cannae argue on Kone/McGeady and their limited valuations in the transfer market mate.

However, if we could move the likes of Kone and McGeady on even if only for nominal fees, then those fees and the reduction in the payroll would be of some (small) help to the overall financial picture.

I'm still erring on the side of FM and co securing additional revenue streams rather than succumbing to FFP pressure to sell one or any of the players we all would far rather stay.

Onwards... ;)

fees wouldnt matter mate on those two, no chance we would make a profit on what we paid and that is all that FPP cares about, the amount made over what was originally paid for the player

Lennon could potentially be the easiest to sell if needs be as his performances last season should have raised the value of his stock.
Not sure the same could be said of TC or JM though sadly.

Cleverley would have enough clubs after him should we want to sell mate, can easily see the likes of Bournmouthe, Boro, Sunderland etc paying close to 10m for him, he has that 'premiership esperience' that adds value to mediocre players these days

McCarthy would have someone similarly taking him for good money mate, all 20 clubs this season have money to spend - and for a lot of clubs - a player like McCarthy will be the best they can get and they will pay for that

Hi mate, I'll write a more detailed piece on the options we have in terms of the "Short term cost control" regulations. Broadly you are correct we need to generate non broadcasting income to meet the increase in wages for 2016/17. We can do that by increasing sponsorship or commercial revenues, match day income or by player trading profits.

Hi mate, I'll write a more detailed piece on the options we have in terms of the "Short term cost control" regulations. Broadly you are correct we need to generate non broadcasting income to meet the increase in wages for 2016/17. We can do that by increasing sponsorship or commercial revenues, match day income or by player trading profits.

Can't the Mosh transfer 50m to his niece who in turn sponsors the ground?

On the other hand mate

Garbutt - sell for 4

McCarthy barely worth 10 million .

May be wrong, but I remember reading that Man City's women's team 'pay' a fortune to the cub to licence the City name. This all helps bump up City's revenue stream, even though it's their own money?

On the other hand mate

Garbutt - sell for 4

So we need Martinez to get another job and hope he sticks to his previous MO of buying players he has bought before.

The Leeds job must be due to come up again this week... do it Bobby.

Even more reason for a good DOF. Huge Galactico's we don't need, just shrewd investments to push the squad forward.

On the subject of raising non TV revenue through the sale or retention of our three top talents in Rom, Stones and Ross, would anybody take a renaming of a newly refurbished Goodison for its final years in service to raise funds and allow for none of them to be sold whilst still staying within FFP parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back