• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of raising non TV revenue through the sale or retention of our three top talents in Rom, Stones and Ross, would anybody take a renaming of a newly refurbished Goodison for its final years in service to raise funds and allow for none of them to be sold whilst still staying within FFP parameters?

In short - yes.
Football fans and players would always refer to Goodison as Goodison, in just the same way as football fans and players refer to St.James's Park and not the Sports Direct Arena.
Only the media, papers and TV, would use whatever commercial partners name got the deal - fans by and large wouldn't.

You obviously didn't watch the game, because if you did you would have seen Smalling make an absolute cock up that very nearly got Slovakia a goal.

Cahill and Smalling have both made way more mistakes this season than Stones.

I didn't. But Stones is well known for two things - passing ability and making silly and costly errors. Key word is costly

Hi mate, I'll write a more detailed piece on the options we have in terms of the "Short term cost control" regulations. Broadly you are correct we need to generate non broadcasting income to meet the increase in wages for 2016/17. We can do that by increasing sponsorship or commercial revenues, match day income or by player trading profits.
Am I wrong in thinking that under the rules the board/owner can contribute a certain amount towards the revenue of the club by way of a cash injection?

On Talksport this morning I heard Alan Brazil say to Mike Parry "I got a text yesterday, Stones to Man City is a done deal"

Just passing it on...

On the subject of raising non TV revenue through the sale or retention of our three top talents in Rom, Stones and Ross, would anybody take a renaming of a newly refurbished Goodison for its final years in service to raise funds and allow for none of them to be sold whilst still staying within FFP parameters?

Nope. This would selling a player appear bigger than our club history.

Renaming things makes my blood curdle. As does intrusive advertising. A rose by any other name is still a rose. For crying out loud, am I the only person who still calls the premiership "Division One"? I do so because Canon, Barclays etc have never paid ME a penny to change what I say. How many of you have been paid by them?

Everton could and should have a USP whereby they pass over the meager shillings offered to get everybody moronically stating the name of some other transient brand, when what they really mean is the iconic world renown Goodison Park, home of World Cup games in '66 and site of so many football innovations. Unlike other clubs, they should emulate iconic events like Wimbledon - where tradition still states that tennis players shall not dress like clowns - and as a result it maintains its special aura. I still lament that Barcelona have (eventually) sold out and allow shirt advertising - to me that made them a bit special. The focus should be on us, Everton, Goodison, our living legacy - and I would rather keep that and sell a fly by night mercenary if it were necessary - thanks.

Only player i could not stomach playing for anyone else. we really need to make this lad an everton legend, with his help of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back