• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Talksport this morning I heard Alan Brazil say to Mike Parry "I got a text yesterday, Stones to Man City is a done deal"

Just passing it on...

I can actually see this, as much as i dont want it to happen, lets not forget last season it was Stones who put in the transfer request, not Lukaku. Besides we have Mori, who is looking great, lose Rom we have no one, lose Stones and we are at least half way to replacing him already.

stonesy lad - 45 mil tho

If he comes on the market, I can see it sparking a bidding war amongst the "big 3" so could push his price up nicely.

Having said that, I would be very sad to see him go but at the moment Lukaku is more important to our future chances of breaking in to the top 4

If he comes on the market, I can see it sparking a bidding war amongst the "big 3" so could push his price up nicely.

Having said that, I would be very sad to see him go but at the moment Lukaku is more important to our future chances of breaking in to the top 4

If you look at all the recent league champions from Blackburn, Arsenal and UTD through to Leicester and City they have ALL had English players in their spine.

There must be a reason for this so for me its crucial we keep Stones and Barkley and why we should move for Butland.

I believe offloading alot of unneeded players will free up enougg cash for extensions and 3 or 4 top players.

If he id still desperate to go despite everything that has happened at Everton recently...
If he really hates life at Everton that much...
If he really can't see that it was only Martinez that was the problem for him and his poor form...

...then reluctantly we have to let him go. Let him go and play with City and feel all special.
Then use the money to bolster the squad, increase everyone's wages to make sure everyone else stays, and finish above Johnny boy in the PL next season.

If you look at those teams they all had a 20+ goal scorer on the team and not ball playing center backs. Rather they had players who defended first not dance with the ball.

As said in other topics, if a player were to be sold in order to allow Everton to get more money, have more room to spend more money (FFP) then Stones is the one to sell. Can be replaced with someone. Yes that replacement might not look silky on ball and do Cruyff turns in his own box but I'm sure he will be able to defend and put the ball in row z when needed, who knows maybe the replacement will be able to head the ball too.

If you look at those teams they all had a 20+ goal scorer on the team and not ball playing center backs. Rather they had players who defended first not dance with the ball.

As said in other topics, if a player were to be sold in order to allow Everton to get more money, have more room to spend more money (FFP) then Stones is the one to sell. Can be replaced with someone. Yes that replacement might not look silky on ball and do Cruyff turns in his own box but I'm sure he will be able to defend and put the ball in row z when needed, who knows maybe the replacement will be able to head the ball too.

United and Ferdinand as well as City and Kompany both say hello.

If you look at all the recent league champions from Blackburn, Arsenal and UTD through to Leicester and City they have ALL had English players in their spine.

There must be a reason for this so for me its crucial we keep Stones and Barkley and why we should move for Butland.

I believe offloading alot of unneeded players will free up enougg cash for extensions and 3 or 4 top players.

I agree that a British spine is very desirable but I also hear @The Esk state that it is highly likely that we will have to sell at least one of our top players to meet FFP and stay within the rules of the PL. Unfortunately, our "unwanted" players aren't very good and may struggle to attract buyers and attracting the type of players touted in the Transfer Thread would suggest wages in excess of £100k/wk so someone has to go and Stones (or Barkley) is a "better" option than a 20+ goal a season striker

Has Koeman clocked in yet? Has he given the OK to this 'done deal'? And if so, when?

When did Stones say he wants to go? Yes, he asked for a transfer when Chelsea wanted him, but that was then. What about now?

I agree that a British spine is very desirable but I also hear @The Esk state that it is highly likely that we will have to sell at least one of our top players to meet FFP and stay within the rules of the PL. Unfortunately, our "unwanted" players aren't very good and may struggle to attract buyers and attracting the type of players touted in the Transfer Thread would suggest wages in excess of £100k/wk so someone has to go and Stones (or Barkley) is a "better" option than a 20+ goal a season striker
Shouldn't have let Osman & Hibbert go on a free then.

I kinda want City to sign him for £50m as he looks incredibly dodgy when defending. With kompany always being injured I don't think Otamendi and Mangala are smart enough to help a young defender like Stones

But if Mourinho and Guardiola both wanted him at some point then I guess he must be pretty good. Although it seems Mourinho isn't going back in for him this summer when we need CBs..i wonder if his defending this year has put him off

On Talksport this morning I heard Alan Brazil say to Mike Parry "I got a text yesterday, Stones to Man City is a done deal"

Just passing it on...

Yeah right...... like Manseer, Pep or Stone's advisers are going to keep a fat Scottish barfly in the loop re any negotiation.

Never mind Mr. Mo and the Russian.

The fat bugger was saying stuff like this during the Stones to Chelsea saga last summer.

Stones may well end up at Citeh.....but Brazil ain't receiving texts about it from anyone ITK, that's for sure :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back