• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
United and Ferdinand as well as City and Kompany both say hello.
Ferdinand was fantastic at defending. He used to go months without giving a foul just because of how well he read the game (I think he went 20+ games once without a foul)

Even when he was younger he was a great defender who had a lapse once in a while. Stones isn't close to him in terms of defensive ability

Ferdinand was fantastic at defending. He used to go months without giving a foul just because of how well he read the game (I think he went 20+ games once without a foul)

Even when he was younger he was a great defender who had a lapse once in a while. Stones isn't close to him in terms of defensive ability
stones is a great defender, he is probably our best defender, gifted wise,

Problem is we have had a god-awful manager who encouraged more of a passing / risk taking game than a defensive one, and stones suffered from it,

Under Koeman he will be back at his best.

stones is a great defender, he is probably our best defender, gifted wise,

Problem is we have had a god-awful manager who encouraged more of a passing / risk taking game than a defensive one, and stones suffered from it,

Under Koeman he will be back at his best.
He seems a bit dodgy for England as well though. I think it might be too easy to blame it on Martinez as some of mistakes shouldn't happen under any manager

I think the best thing for him is to stay at Everton for another season under Koeman and avoid going to City as if he makes those kind of mistakes there the media will go after him again

He seems a bit dodgy for England as well though. I think it might be too easy to blame it on Martinez as some of mistakes shouldn't happen under any manager

I think the best thing for him is to stay at Everton for another season under Koeman and avoid going to City as if he makes those kind of mistakes there the media will go after him again
He seems dodgy when though? he's hardly played for England in the last few months and when he has he's been fine.

some of the mistakes smalling makes are a crime to football, and he's done that internationally but he's still a decent defender.

If he is hell bent on going to City then can we swap for Kevin De Bryne ??

I hope he stays as Koeman will get the best out of him so tell city it's a swap for their playmaker or do one

With the money coming into the game now, and given that he's widely regarded as one of the highest potential young center backs in the world game, believe we should be either holding him to his contract, or if letting him go, we should be looking for at least £60m, possibly £70m+

With the money coming into the game now, and given that he's widely regarded as one of the highest potential young center backs in the world game, believe we should be either holding him to his contract, or if letting him go, we should be looking for at least £60m, possibly £70m+
I agree. £40m is way unders, especially with the Brexit vote, English players value will rise I believe.

As you have been repeatedly told, he wants to go, you need to get over it, we can't keep a player that a) has wanted to leave for over a year even with new regime and b) can bring in 50M.

Post a quote that hes made stating that he wants to leave.

The only quotes are from Lukaku whose agent has now done a 180.

I agree that a British spine is very desirable but I also hear @The Esk state that it is highly likely that we will have to sell at least one of our top players to meet FFP and stay within the rules of the PL. Unfortunately, our "unwanted" players aren't very good and may struggle to attract buyers and attracting the type of players touted in the Transfer Thread would suggest wages in excess of £100k/wk so someone has to go and Stones (or Barkley) is a "better" option than a 20+ goal a season striker

25% goes to barnsley.

We could quite easily have a clearout of unwanted players and bring in circa £450k of surplus wages

Whatever happens with Stones' future will be with the best interest for Everton.
Only people behind the scenes will know whether keeping him is the best option long term or to let him go. He certainly wasn't the same player last season. Perhaps that is down to coaching (most players regressed) or he might have been disruptive after his move to the similarly mid table Chelsea fell through.

All I know is that if we do let him move on, it is because it will make the club as a whole, stronger going forward.

Don't take crazy. No defender in the world is worth £60-£70m and no team would ever buy one for that. Stones isn't even worth the £40/£50m we want for him.

Ferdinand like Stones was a ball playing defender. Both read the game well and both are/were dog turd at defending crosses. Ferdinand couldn't deal with them as Stones cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back