• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is regarding a manager who encourages passing,running forward with the ball and risk taking ( very high line) than and a defensive one is Pep Guardiola,A reason Laporte was his first choice at City this summer as he is regarded as the best young CB in the world.

I watch alot of spanish football and Varane at Real Laporte at Bilbao and Gimenez at Atletico are better defenders than Stones by a few levels.

The only fact Stones is being touted at such a high price is he's English (home grown) and in the EPL which brings a premium.

Hahaha.

You're in a very very tiny minority.

That you Ste?

In your championship manager clique.
No just from viewing games i tend to play call of Duty and that has no football database that i'm aware of, but anyway Laporte is quicker,better concentration,better in the air and on the ball and doesn't suffer from lapses in concentration.

No slight on Stones in anyway just pointing out facts,no surprise he was Pep's #1 target and turned him down 2 week ago,With Puyol as his agent now and when Barca sort out their finances he will be playing in the Nou Camp in the not distant future.

Pity he has a knee injury at the moment as he would have been starting alongside Kosielny at the Euros for France.

No just from viewing games i tend to play call of Duty and that has no football database that i'm aware of, but anyway Laporte is quicker,better concentration,better in the air and on the ball and doesn't suffer from lapses in concentration.

No slight on Stones in anyway just pointing out facts,no surprise he was Pep's #1 target and turned him down 2 week ago,With Puyol as his agent now and when Barca sort out their finances he will be playing in the Nou Camp in the not distant future.

Pity he has a knee injury at the moment as he would have been starting alongside Kosielny at the Euros for France.

Would he? He doesn't have a single senior cap. He's not as good as you're pretending to think he is to make some point.

Stones is better. Statements like Laporte is several levels above stones are risibly laughable and just demonstrate you don't know what you're on about.

How is £60mil for Stones "crazy"?

We dont need to sell him so can ask whatever we want.

Id say £60mil is a minimum.

He seems dodgy when though? he's hardly played for England in the last few months and when he has he's been fine.

some of the mistakes smalling makes are a crime to football, and he's done that internationally but he's still a decent defender.
Did he not make a couple of big mistakes for England a couple of months ago? Think one of them involved him falling over when attempting to run out with the ball

Did he not make a couple of big mistakes for England a couple of months ago? Think one of them involved him falling over when attempting to run out with the ball

I saw him as England's best defender in the warm ups though. We now have 2 centre halves who can't bring the ball out and struggle to keep clean sheets against appalling opposition and we wonder why we can't break them down. But that's having Hodgson in charge for you, a complete un utter cretin.

How is £60mil for Stones "crazy"?

We dont need to sell him so can ask whatever we want.

Id say £60mil is a minimum.

I think its crazy because no one is realistically going to pay it for him, he plays in defense, he can't get in his nationalside, if he was a striker maybe but the demand for players at the back isn't as high.

Stones will go for 25mil, 28mil max. There are still some questions marks over him so clubs won't go over that amount.
He'll follow Rooney to UTD I think and do a Ferdinand on it and stay til his career is over.

Stones will go for 25mil, 28mil max. There are still some questions marks over him so clubs won't go over that amount.
He'll follow Rooney to UTD I think and do a Ferdinand on it and stay til his career is over.
If Everton turned down a near 40m offer last season from Chelsea, there is no way he will be sold for 28m. If anything the figure will higher as Utd, city, Chelsea and potentially barca will all be bidding for his services which will hike up the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back