• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few good players have been garbage at the Euros (Harry Kane for example)

Haven't paid attention to england so no idea how smalling has done for them

Been given the runaround by lads like Hal Robson Kanu. Return to type for him. Better than Stones though, deffo.

....If however , Everton were able to move players like Kone, Niasse , Oviedo, McGeady , Mirallas, maybe even Cleveley then the need to sell Stones may not be needed depending on how much money is to be spent on players.
The crux obviously is the ability to move peripheral squad players.....

Just to clarify, it isn't a case of raising funds, its a question of posting a profit. Stones (and Lukaku) can be sold for a lot more then their "book" value, those listed not so much. In fact Niasse might eliminate any gain.

Just to clarify, it isn't a case of raising funds, its a question of posting a profit. Stones (and Lukaku) can be sold for a lot more then their "book" value, those listed not so much. In fact Niasse might eliminate any gain.
As I understand it the level of wages is the problem. If we were to move on the players I listed above, even without any transfer fees, the savings in wages would give us a lot of wriggle room in the market.

The restriction is the amount we can increase the payroll over the existing cost.

As I understand it the level of wages is the problem. If we were to move on the players I listed above, even without any transfer fees, the savings in wages would give us a lot of wriggle room in the market.

The restriction is the amount we can increase the payroll over the existing cost.

Granted, but you would still need to replace those players as well. Of course, turning over the deadwood is required, but to bring in the level of players wanted, and even to keep Lukaku, is going to require a serious inflation of the wage bill, and that will require either posting a large profit or finding a large wedge of commercial income.

I think its crazy because no one is realistically going to pay it for him, he plays in defense, he can't get in his nationalside, if he was a striker maybe but the demand for players at the back isn't as high.

Thats the point of putting a £60mil price on him. If they really want him they pay or he stays with us.

Thats the point of putting a £60mil price on him. If they really want him they pay or he stays with us.
Totally agree. And that's if there is no way of convincing Stones he has a prosperous future here.

There is a likelihood he will be England Captain soon, based on the bunch of losers that just got knocked out by Iceland in the Euros. Added to the Brexit I believe making English talent even more expensive soon.

How are we going to look then if this eventuates?

I would love it if Stones stays here. Does he not see what Moshiri is trying to build? It's true he could learn under Pep but I think he can learn a whole lot under Koeman. He can stay and be apart of this and be our future. If he wants to leave though, I wouldn't give him up for anything less than 60 mil... If a team wants him bad enough they will pay it

I would love it if Stones stays here. Does he not see what Moshiri is trying to build? It's true he could learn under Pep but I think he can learn a whole lot under Koeman. He can stay and be apart of this and be our future. If he wants to leave though, I wouldn't give him up for anything less than 60 mil... If a team wants him bad enough they will pay it
I agree. Especially in England with the Brexit result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back