• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lukaku goes as well its one step forward two steps back but if Stones going means we are certain to keep Rom its all good.

I am awkward on this, would rather keep Stones. For me he could be the next Jack Charlton, John Terry or Brian Labone inother words go on for many years unlike Lukaku. He will be off if not this summer then next.

I am awkward on this, would rather keep Stones. For me he could be the next Jack Charlton, John Terry or Brian Labone inother words go on for many years unlike Lukaku. He will be off if not this summer then next.

Yeah Stones might be, i think he will be, but in that time how many goals is Lukaku going to score? He is yet to play in a well organised 1-11 under a decent manager and he is already looking real good, sell him and we will find it as hard as Liverpool have found it to replace Suarez.

It looks as if Stones may be going to City, if the rumours are true...I think it is a transfer we all think might happen
I know that last year he wanted to go to Chelsea and work with Mourinho and as they were champions at the time it was probably understandable.

I wonder does he want now to move to City as well or are we encouraging a sale..if it happens.

Is it just his desire to leave Everton ?

Papers always report player plus cash deals. I can't remember many of them ever coming off. Liverpool's deal for Torres involving Garcia is the last one I can remember
Don't think that was even technically a swap deal was it? Liverpool just bought Torres and then Madrid happened to buy Garcia?

In twelve months our circumstances have changed dramatically it would appear. I would think that players would generally say that they would give the new owner and the new manager a season at least to show what ambition is there.
If John Stones now wanted to follow Mourinho to Utd I think that would be understandable, Utd are a big draw anyway, he could still live in the north and he would be following a highly rated manager that really fought hard to get him last year.

If he now instead chooses to go to City , it makes me wonder if this move is simply about money for player, agent and Everton and maybe less about the football for the player.

Don't think that was even technically a swap deal was it? Liverpool just bought Torres and then Madrid happened to buy Garcia?

Could well have been. The media love the idea of top clubs offloading their deadwood in exchange for other clubs Crown Jewels. It barely ever turns out that way, they normally just end up fronting up the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back