• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us ever going for a player + cash deal since if Esk is right it's transfer fees we need in this summer.

Esk just suggested the easiest way and the way he thought of, theres many, many other ways we could "get round" the "wages issue", we just need to show that we can "cover" the increase of wages with increased commercial activity.

Its not a gimme that we have to sell IMO.

The Mosh and The Sash will have it all locked down, they will have a plan a, plan b, plan c and a plan F.

Esk just suggested the easiest way and the way he thought of, theres many, many other ways we could "get round" the "wages issue", we just need to show that we can "cover" the increase of wages with increased commercial activity.

The Mosh and The Sash will have it all locked down, they will have a plan a, plan b, plan c and a plan F.

Indeed but if the preferred stance was to sell Stones this wouldn't be the way they'd do it for sure.

but then we wouldn't have to pay the price we would for a striker backup, so the stance wouldn't change.

But we'd be in a negative for wages I'd suspect.

Plans d and e where that bad they had to scrap them... I am reliably informed that it involved some sort of drip.....

Goodnight. Godbless.

If he now instead chooses to go to City , it makes me wonder if this move is simply about money for player, agent and Everton and maybe less about the football for the player.

He'd be going to a team who have finished above Utd for the last 3 season and working with the best manager in the world. A manager who loves players like Stones and would work wonders with him after his chronic mismanagement at the hands of that fraud Martinez. Of course it's just about the money.

He'd be going to a team who have finished above Utd for the last 3 season and working with the best manager in the world. A manager who loves players like Stones and would work wonders with him after his chronic mismanagement at the hands of that fraud Martinez. Of course it's just about the money.
Why would you say the chronic mismanagement by Martinez ?
Have I missed something ? am I rewriting history ?...or are you ?

I thought that John Stones was an Everton reserve when RM was appointed. I have been on GOT a lot longer than you... I think and I do not remember a clamour for Stones to be an automatic choice for club or country.

During the tenure of Roberto Martinez I have seen John Stones going from an Everton reserve to an Everton regular, a full international defender and probably the most highly regarded and the most highly coveted young English defender in the Premiership .A manager that continued to play him when his form was poor and his defending was not of the standard needed.

A player that we bought for about 2m and three years later will sell him for about 45m.

Oh yes, definitely, Roberto Martinez chronically mismanaged his career alright.

It is a pity that we don't have another ten that he hadn't as badly handled their careers as well.

Why would you say the chronic mismanagement by Martinez ?
Have I missed something ? am I rewriting history ?...or are you ?

I thought that John Stones was an Everton reserve when RM was appointed. I have been on GOT a lot longer than you... I think and I do not remember a clamour for Stones to be an automatic choice for club or country.

During the tenure of Roberto Martinez I have seen John Stones going from an Everton reserve to an Everton regular, a full international defender and probably the most highly regarded and the most highly coveted young English defender in the Premiership .A manager that continued to play him when his form was poor and his defending was not of the standard needed.

A player that we bought for about 2m and three years later will sell him for about 45m.

Oh yes, definitely, Roberto Martinez chronically mismanaged his career alright.

It is a pity that we don't have another ten that he hadn't as badly handled their careers as well.

He would be worth 80m if Martinez didnt ruin him for the last 12months.

As a fire fighter in south Yorkshire I come a cross stones Mrs mother.she's a fire fighter too. Says it's all agreed with city just waiting on the board to accept the offer.personal tears sorted etc
Nice work if you can get it mate ;)...Here's me thinking you just played pool all day if there were no call outs! :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back