• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then we wouldn't have to pay the price we would for a striker backup, so the stance wouldn't change.

From how Esk described it our issue is wage control rules. We can only increase by 7 million whereas we want to increase our wages much more.

Any profit on player trading can be added to that. If we did a swap type deal it would minimise this profit shown and thus limit our ability to increase wages. Essentially selling Stones is a reluctant short term manoeuvre that allows us to increase wages by say 40 million more in a year than we would have done.

I don't think we will have any problems signing back up strikers. I'll be honest I don't like Bony massively either and I am not keen on most of City's cast offs. They haven't recruited particularly well.

From how Esk described it our issue is wage control rules. We can only increase by 7 million whereas we want to increase our wages much more.

Any profit on player trading can be added to that. If we did a swap type deal it would minimise this profit shown and thus limit our ability to increase wages. Essentially selling Stones is a reluctant short term manoeuvre that allows us to increase wages by say 40 million more in a year than we would have done.

I don't think we will have any problems signing back up strikers. I'll be honest I don't like Bony massively either and I am not keen on most of City's cast offs. They haven't recruited particularly well.

aguero would be alright ha. Nah, based on him at city he's looked teribble, but at swansea being the main man, playing week in week out he was the complete striker. His hold up and link up play is brilliant. I think he'd be ever better in a front two as well, with someone like lukaku alongside him i reckon we'd score goals for fun.

Not a big under stander of finances. I suppose we could just agree to sell stones for £50 million e.g. and buy bony for £20m. Their recruitment has been shocking, especially under pellegrini hence why i never wanted him here. Not even sure if he was the one behind the signings, i'm too lazy ha

aguero would be alright ha. Nah, based on him at city he's looked teribble, but at swansea being the main man, playing week in week out he was the complete striker. His hold up and link up play is brilliant. I think he'd be ever better in a front two as well, with someone like lukaku alongside him i reckon we'd score goals for fun.

Not a big under stander of finances. I suppose we could just agree to sell stones for £50 million e.g. and buy bony for £20m. Their recruitment has been shocking, especially under pellegrini hence why i never wanted him here. Not even sure if he was the one behind the signings, i'm too lazy ha
HOLY MOLY racist

Why would you say the chronic mismanagement by Martinez ?
Have I missed something ? am I rewriting history ?...or are you ?

I thought that John Stones was an Everton reserve when RM was appointed. I have been on GOT a lot longer than you... I think and I do not remember a clamour for Stones to be an automatic choice for club or country.

During the tenure of Roberto Martinez I have seen John Stones going from an Everton reserve to an Everton regular, a full international defender and probably the most highly regarded and the most highly coveted young English defender in the Premiership .A manager that continued to play him when his form was poor and his defending was not of the standard needed.

A player that we bought for about 2m and three years later will sell him for about 45m.

Oh yes, definitely, Roberto Martinez chronically mismanaged his career alright.

It is a pity that we don't have another ten that he hadn't as badly handled their careers as well.
Martinez was a rubbish manager mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back