• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the money coming into the game now, and given that he's widely regarded as one of the highest potential young center backs in the world game, believe we should be either holding him to his contract, or if letting him go, we should be looking for at least £60m, possibly £70m+
Varane Marquinhos Gimenez and Leporte and all the same age or younger and a level above.

But with the EPL premium 40 million is about right,anyone thinking over 50 million:Blink:

Last season he was littered with mistakes and lapses in concentration,the mistakes you see him doing last season you never see from them above.

stones is a great defender, he is probably our best defender, gifted wise,

Problem is we have had a god-awful manager who encouraged more of a passing / risk taking game than a defensive one, and stones suffered from it,

Under Koeman he will be back at his best.
The thing is regarding a manager who encourages passing,running forward with the ball and risk taking ( very high line) than and a defensive one is Pep Guardiola,A reason Laporte was his first choice at City this summer as he is regarded as the best young CB in the world.

I watch alot of spanish football and Varane at Real Laporte at Bilbao and Gimenez at Atletico are better defenders than Stones by a few levels.

The only fact Stones is being touted at such a high price is he's English (home grown) and in the EPL which brings a premium.

The thing is regarding a manager who encourages passing,running forward with the ball and risk taking ( very high line) than and a defensive one is Pep Guardiola,A reason Laporte was his first choice at City this summer as he is regarded as the best young CB in the world.

I watch alot of spanish football and Varane at Real Laporte at Bilbao and Gimenez at Atletico are better defenders than Stones by a few levels.

The only fact Stones is being touted at such a high price is he's English (home grown) and in the EPL which brings a premium.

Laporte isn't better than stones.

I don't get why some want rid of stones and lukaku. If it were 10-15 years ago then the money would of been ideal and helped us bring in more quality for the 1st 11. But as it stands we have the TV money and Morishi now so we don't need to sell either of them.

Why sell and bring in 3-4 not as good players if we don't have to!?

I don't get why some want rid of stones and lukaku. If it were 10-15 years ago then the money would of been ideal and helped us bring in more quality for the 1st 11. But as it stands we have the TV money and Morishi now so we don't need to sell either of them.

Why sell and bring in 3-4 not as good players if we don't have to!?

We do have to sell someone though to increase our wage budget and get around FFP

£60m plus valuation. It's Monday surely people shouldn't still be that pissed ?

The guy had an underwhelming season for us after being valued by Chelsea at around £40m. He currently can't get on the pitch for England.

Badly RAWK.
Wholeheartedly agree. If someone entered serious negotiations with us for Stones and was willing to pay £40-45m then I'd put him in the taxi.

Let's be honest, we've seen two sides of Stones during his time here: in his first season he looked imperious which obviously showed potential.

However, in the last two seasons he's looked much more fragile when it comes to his defensive duties. Heading? Positioning? Prone to mistakes?

Many will argue that may down to Martinez's management of him which in fact may be true, but it's certainly created some doubts about him.

So it will eventually boil down to whether Koeman feels he can develop his defensive duties to complete the package with his attacking prowess.

For me personally an offer of that magnitude (or even more which is unlikely) should be taken as we can bring in an already proven defender.

In an ideal world I'd love him to stay and flourish here but £45m+ for a maybe is a lot of money for a possibility. Talk of £60m is ludicrous!

The moment Stones moves to City/United, he will magically be first choice for England.
Its only bad management and leadership from Martinez why he's not now, he has the talent to be world class. Just hope Ronald can persuade him to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back