• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't replace him with someone better. I'm very very against selling him.

Don't see how this ties in with our new ambitious era.
Agree with everything.

If we're offering Lukaku a new contract, why not Stones? Even if he gave us another year this time under Koeman, then assess next summer.

He's going onto special things, I want him to stay at Everton as long as possible.

Don't sell. We will massively regret it.

mate even if he turned his potential into being a world class player its 50m for a centre back. It's a ridiculous amount of money. The kid has already handed in a transfer request, no sign of a contract been offered probably due to him saying he would reject it. No love lost as far as I'm concerned and take the 50m and let him see if the grass is greener in Manchester.

Stones will be a future top player but £50 million gets us £42 million after Barnsley's cut. That's 2x first team CB's and possibly a back up striker leaving us with our £100 million budget and avoiding any FFP penalties.

50m you simply can't say no to that. Huge money considering the position he plays

The fact a central defensive partnership of Wes Morgan and Robert Huth have just won the league shows that key to it all is the ability to defend. Right now he cant. Equally, the idea of a 'ball playing' centre half in the Premier League simply doesnt work.

Yes its nice to have, but thats what the midfield is for. Only Martinez insisted on the defenders having such a responsibility. Guardiola will insist on it too but the pace of the league will simply expose it in my opinion.

If the boy could defend and looked like he wanted to defend I would be more gutted but fifty million is the cash inflow we need to kick the club on for reasons @The Esk has alluded too re short term costing.

mate even if he turned his potential into being a world class player its 50m for a centre back. It's a ridiculous amount of money. The kid has already handed in a transfer request, no sign of a contract been offered probably due to him saying he would reject it. No love lost as far as I'm concerned and take the 50m and let him see if the grass is greener in Manchester.

You're probably right mate. It just pains me when we sell one of our top young players and then watch on enviously as they become a star at one of our rivals. I'm absolutely certain in the lads ability. He's top drawer.

We won't replace him with someone better. I'm very very against selling him.

Don't see how this ties in with our new ambitious era.

His sale enables us to blow apart our previous wage structure and attract serious talent. We have to sell him or Lukaku this summer as we will not have a big enough lift in revenues to match our wage increases.

Stones will be a future top player but £50 million gets us £42 million after Barnsley's cut. That's 2x first team CB's and possibly a back up striker leaving us with our £100 million budget and avoiding any FFP penalties.

i thought we'd paid barnsley off, have we not?

His sale enables us to blow apart our previous wage structure and attract serious talent. We have to sell him or Lukaku this summer as we will not have a big enough lift in revenues to match our wage increases.

The big question for me is this..

How do we lift our revenues so much over the next twelve months so we dont have to sell Rom next year?

Great move for all parties at that price. Stones gets the move he wants, without kicking up too much of a fuss or burning bridges, Pep and city get the only (potentially) world class ball playing centre back England have produced in a decade and we get an insane profit and financial freedom to splurge.

The fact a central defensive partnership of Wes Morgan and Robert Huth have just won the league shows that key to it all is the ability to defend. Right now he cant. Equally, the idea of a 'ball playing' centre half in the Premier League simply doesnt work.

Yes its nice to have, but thats what the midfield is for. Only Martinez insisted on the defenders having such a responsibility. Guardiola will insist on it too but the pace of the league will simply expose it in my opinion.

If the boy could defend and looked like he wanted to defend I would be more gutted but fifty million is the cash inflow we need to kick the club on for reasons @The Esk has alluded too re short term costing.

don't get me wrong mate, I think he's quality on his day and I've called him a Rolls Royce time and time again. BUT......

50m ffs lol that's dollar!
he handed in a transfer request and has shown no sign of looking to commit
he's a centre back and still has a lot of things to iron out so good luck to him if he thinks that's the club he should be going to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back