• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right mate. It just pains me when we sell one of our top young players and then watch on enviously as they become a star at one of our rivals. I'm absolutely certain in the lads ability. He's top drawer.

we very rarely lose players we don't want to leave mate and when we do we get top dollar. Let City splurge 50m on the kid mate, good times he will be missing out on and that goes for any tit of a player who thinks Everton aren't good enough for them.

Onwards and upwards for us mate ;)

don't get me wrong mate, I think he's quality on his day and I've called him a Rolls Royce time and time again. BUT......

50m ffs lol that's dollar!
he handed in a transfer request and has shown no sign of looking to commit
he's a centre back and still has a lot of things to iron out so good luck to him if he thinks that's the club he should be going to

It is. I also think (and hope) it means Rom stays for at least a further year now.

Even if he goes onto be a great defender, its been proven time and time again that you can have an average set of individual defenders make a good defensive unit.

That is more important than a single player in my eyes and I think we will look back at this sale as a real monkey of our back.

The big question for me is this..

How do we lift our revenues so much over the next twelve months so we dont have to sell Rom next year?
Better commercial contracts - including our sponsor which is finished next year. Plus the jump probably wouldn't be as big next year if we increase wages this year.

You're probably right mate. It just pains me when we sell one of our top young players and then watch on enviously as they become a star at one of our rivals. I'm absolutely certain in the lads ability. He's top drawer.

I agree with that completely. Would've preferred a sale to Barcelona or Bayern, not minty City.

His sale enables us to blow apart our previous wage structure and attract serious talent. We have to sell him or Lukaku this summer as we will not have a big enough lift in revenues to have to match our wage increases.

Yea that's fair enough. If it did result in a vastly improved playing staff then I'd begrudgingly accept it. But I will definitely be very disappointed when he does go. As I said above, it just pains me seeing one of ours lighting it up elsewhere. Hopefully we become the club other teams' stars start joining.

i thought we'd paid barnsley off, have we not?

No pal just rumours. End of the day for me regardless of the daft prices in the league if someone offered me a likely £130-150 million budget to spend minus Stones I would have said yes all day long.

Lukaku and Barkley are the ones we needed to have kept. A CB can be replaced much easier than a 20-25 goal a season striker and a homegrown attacking midfielder who shows glimpses of being world class on his day. Whereas a Robert Huth can offer 75% of what John Stones can it's not a massive loss.

It is. I also think (and hope) it means Rom stays for at least a further year now.

Even if he goes onto be a great defender, its been proven time and time again that you can have an average set of individual defenders make a good defensive unit.

That is more important than a single player in my eyes and I think we will look back at this sale as a real monkey of our back.

I mentioned in the Rom thread mate that he should be looking to stick around for a few more years if he wants to be taken seriously.

If he fancies doing one he can sod off for a nice fee of 65m. It's not like Everton aren't playing fair, we have a price for these players and if people match the price they can do one.

All good for us as far as I can see mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back