• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great ball playing centre half but does make mistakes. We need a solid reliable centre half so for £50m if that is true defo sell. Not too hard to replace a centre half. Let's see if he gets hammered at city by the press and so called experts for every mistake he makes there

Well it's certain that Stones is going, and Lukaku must only be a 50% chance of staying at best.

i thought koeman had promises by the board that noone would be sold. thats not a great start is it really.

i know that we need to sell one or 2 , but if koeman specifically said he wants no sales and they agreed they should abide by it surely?

It is. I also think (and hope) it means Rom stays for at least a further year now.

Even if he goes onto be a great defender, its been proven time and time again that you can have an average set of individual defenders make a good defensive unit.

That is more important than a single player in my eyes and I think we will look back at this sale as a real monkey of our back.

A ball playing centre back is a luxury fit for only those at the top of the table. We're not there yet by a long shot, so I have no problem with us relinquishing that part of out arsenal to go and improve the bits that really matter right now.

A ball playing centre back is a luxury fit for only those at the top of the table. We're not there yet by a long shot, so I have no problem with us relinquishing that part of out arsenal to go and improve the bits that really matter right now.

Spot on mate.

Well it's certain that Stones is going, and Lukaku must only be a 50% chance of staying at best.

I get that we are going to spend big, but how does selling stones and especially lukaku send a message to our rivals that we are back? Where are we gonna find a player of a similar calibre to Rom?

I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm just a little confused how this all fits in? If we sell them both we are weaker for next season unless we sign two absolute world beaters. I can't see the club selling both. Evertonians are a grumpy enough bunch at the best of times without our new owner starting his new era by selling our two best players!

To be fair, people need to remember that this is only saying what we all knew anyway, Rom has been shouting his mouth off for two months or more now and Stones did put a transfer request in last season. On the balance of probabilities, regardless of new manager and our transfer budget, both were likely to go. Rom might yet stay of course but it is in the balance.

i thought koeman had promises by the board that noone would be sold. thats not a great start is it really.

i know that we need to sell one or 2 , but if koeman specifically said he wants no sales and they agreed they should abide by it surely?

Koemans not stupid.

He wont have said "no sales", if we sell these 2 for 120m do you think hes gonna be gutted with that to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back