• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spat his dummy out last season after he didn't get a move to Chelsea. Has never withdrawn his transfer request and awful at times last season. We now have a complete overhaul of the club and it appears he still wants out to chav city?

F' him.

If he truly thinks he can do better than Everton then he can jog on. Leicester and indeed Wales tonight have shown that you need guts and to throw yourself into every challenge to be a winner. He has loads of talent but does he really have the application to be a winner.

If he leaves thinking he can join a ready made side, the answer is a resounding no.

i thought koeman had promises by the board that noone would be sold. thats not a great start is it really.

i know that we need to sell one or 2 , but if koeman specifically said he wants no sales and they agreed they should abide by it surely?

I don't think most manager in this day and age of money can be given such assurances but I do reckon anyone who is getting sold, Koeman will have given the go ahead. No club needs players who don't want to be there and let's be honest, it wasn't worth Stones being available last season as his head had gone West.

50m mate for a centre back, Ronald I'm sure will be licking his lips at the thought of buying a top drawer player or 3 with that.

I get that we are going to spend big, but how does selling stones and especially lukaku send a message to our rivals that we are back? Where are we gonna find a player of a similar calibre to Rom?

I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm just a little confused how this all fits in? If we sell them both we are weaker for next season unless we sign two absolute world beaters. I can't see the club selling both. Evertonians are a grumpy enough bunch at the best of times without our new owner starting his new era by selling our two best players!

If they both want to go, and in any event we need to sell one for accounting reasons, then what do you do? Everton will be back after two years of solid achievement on the pitch getting us back to c.6th and staying there. That is when we attracting and holding onto world beaters.

If they both want to go, and in any event we need to sell one for accounting reasons, then what do you do? Everton will be back after two years of solid achievement on the pitch getting us back to c.6th and staying there. That is when we attracting and holding onto world beaters.

Or we keep our best players and don't need this dreaded ''transitional'' period?

Koemans not stupid.

He wont have said "no sales", if we sell these 2 for 120m do you think hes gonna be gutted with that to spend?

im only saying it because i saw a vid of koeman openly saying no one would be leaving. that struck me straight away that we were keepeing all our top players.

but, as people have stated we need to sell to bring people in. i just hope that is the case and we dont end up buying over priced sh1te with the money, like liverpool tend to do.

stones and lukaku = dann and long

lets hope not

Well it's certain that Stones is going, and Lukaku must only be a 50% chance of staying at best.
Real shame if both go. Prefer them to move abroad so we don't have to play them.
Understand the financial benefits of one but hoped to only loose the one. Modern game I suppose but we'll need at least 2 strikers in if Rom goes and thended they've got to settle.

Well it's certain that Stones is going, and Lukaku must only be a 50% chance of staying at best.

Got to say this is disappointing. Undermines any statement we are trying to make.

The profit on Rom will be much lower and he'll be harder to replace (importance wise).

I don't think most manager in this day and age of money can be given such assurances but I do reckon anyone who is getting sold, Koeman will have given the go ahead. No club needs players who don't want to be there and let's be honest, it wasn't worth Stones being available last season as his head had gone West.

50m mate for a centre back, Ronald I'm sure will be licking his lips at the thought of buying a top drawer player or 3 with that.

Looks at how VVD played under Koeman last year. He was outstanding. If Koeman believed Stones could become an all-time great of the game Moshiri would hold him to his contract. But if he is a disruptive bell, who thinks he is untouchable, then take the money and reinvest in committed players who can actually defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back