• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I get you, and I agree it's a risk, but I just fear what happens if we lose his goals and replace him with someone nowhere near as good. We have so much complete dross in the squad too. We've been chronically mis-managed over the last 18 months or so.

Fair, goals are so hard to replace and mooted signings like Schneiderlin and Witsel won't add any from midfield. Hopefully incoming funds could cover two striker purchases.

So basically what we are now getting at it lukaku plus stones leaving equals this massive budget that we are supposed to have?, so I will ask the question again, what has actually changed?

What's changed?

Are you for real?

We have a top quality manager on board.

A realistic & genuine chance to move or redevelop Goodison.

Our debt has been cleared.

(All in three months)

There's three to be going on with ......

**** me sideways.

That's totally untrue, he's made funds available already.
But is it mate? Let's be honest there isn't going to be much proof of that this summer is there? Because we sell stones and lukaku then net spend is going to be pretty low, thus moshiri not having to give much

What's changed?

Are you for real?

We have a top quality manager on board.

A realistic & genuine chance to move or redevelop Goodison.

Our debt has been cleared.

(All in three months)

There's three to be going on with ......

**** me sideways.
Who says the debt has been cleared?

Koemans not stupid.

He wont have said "no sales", if we sell these 2 for 120m do you think hes gonna be gutted with that to spend?

Also Arsenal sold the likes of Fabrigas, Nasri, Van Persie etc but still maintained an excellent side.
It's about getting the chemistry right in the side. Stones and Lukaku are excellent players no doubt, but if they are going to behave hypothetically like Giggs did for Wales over how Gareth Bale approaches his national team then good riddance. We have the opportunity to push on as a club now. Those who do not wish to come along for the ride can k'off.

Sell to buy, the way it's always been, moshiri not putting any money towards transfers I reckon

But it's not though. We have the money to buy players without selling anyone. What we can't do is increase our wage budget by more than £7million a year ie about £130,000 a week. That'll afford us one of the type of player we're hoping will come in. Any profit we make on a sale will go towards our wage budget not our transfer funds.

Sell to buy, the way it's always been, moshiri not putting any money towards transfers I reckon
Don't think that's it at all mate. We've got funds and this will add to them. The issue is the wages position and we need the profit from a large sale so either of them and we're sorted for wages. Don't want it to be the both, nor do we need it to be, but if they're wanting away and likely to be disruptive to the new regime then they should be sold at the highest price.
My issue is that it means more purchases that you've then got to settle into the club and the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back