• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get it. People on threads saying 30m is the new 15-20m in this window but being very happy with 50m for Stones.

He's one of a kind and I'd be gutted if we sold him for 50m (we would only get 43 of it). He's already a great player and is only going to get better, whether that's under Koeman or Guardiola.

I understand we need to sell a big player, make profit etc. I'd rather go another way round it to prevent selling Stones and Lukaku. Maybe sell Cleverley and Coleman? Surely that'll be enough?
You can't just keep players indefinitely when they don't want to be here

I would like to see adds on and a future fee as well
Such as an extra 3 million if they win the league, an extra 2 million if they win the cl in the next ,3 years plus a percentage of a sell on fee.

The lad doesnt want to be here, get shut

Let him go we only want players who want to be at everton and give everything sadly stones doesn't want to be here and he never turned up last season. I carnt rember him having a good game last season.take the money and rebuild Koeman is very good at that.

Bye.

Probably will end up being a brilliant player, but there's a slight chance he won't.

Get a couple of decent yard dogs in to replace him.

If he's going (and I think he will regardless of Moshiri's plans or Koeman) then name our price now and tell City to caugh up. No messing around. No foreplay. Just get it done so we can all move on.

Don't get it. People on threads saying 30m is the new 15-20m in this window but being very happy with 50m for Stones.

He's one of a kind and I'd be gutted if we sold him for 50m (we would only get 43 of it). He's already a great player and is only going to get better, whether that's under Koeman or Guardiola.

I understand we need to sell a big player, make profit etc. I'd rather go another way round it to prevent selling Stones and Lukaku. Maybe sell Cleverley and Coleman? Surely that'll be enough?

Agree....but sell Coleman? What sorcery is this?

Last season I'd have been guttered but now I just feel an overwhelming sense of "well you can sod off then". I'd honestly be far more gutted if we lost Barkley or even Lukaku, they'd be harser to replace. Yes Stones is unique but he's also not as great as many people make out he is. Maybe he'll become that amazing player many people think he will but I didn't see it last season. I saw a young man who let all the praise go to his head and started making basic errors in games and making himself look stupid and At City under Guardiola the pressure will be even worse.

Get £50-£60m in and buy a few decent CBs with it, no nonsense guys who don't bother doing Cryuff turns in their own box. I'd like Van Djik and Joel Veltman. The revolution is happening with or without him!

Agree....but sell Coleman? What sorcery is this?
I don't want to sell anyone but I'd rather sell Coleman than Stones (that's if Stones is committed to Everton, if not get rid). All this thing about profit to help the wage structure, whatever we sell Coleman for would be basically profit and I don't think his previous club has a percentage of that. It's just something to consider.

(that's if Stones is committed to Everton, if not get rid).

For heaven's sake, there are so many Iraqi defence in denial people on here and Twitter.

John Stones has said nothing about wanting to stay. He wanted to leave at the end of 2015. He was not allowed to. He did nothing about saying he made the right decision. He has not been vocal. It's very, very clear he sees next season at his next club. Many on here need to learn to let go. We are a business, we don't want a 50 million player to rot in reserves so 'we can show him who's boss'. We know he is unhappy, has been for a long time and his market value is massive. We sell. And we never look back. It's not as if there is a dearth of good CB, we even have a few with massive potential in the club and that's before we splash out when Stones leaves.

He'll probably be massive but he's not a born Evertonian or anything like that, he wants to be top and Rooney had to leave to be top. Maybe he won't be, who knows but 50 million with good business bonuses stipulated by us and reinforcements incoming, no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back