• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like John. But 50m for a centre back is really a great offer. I would sell especially as it should allow us to smash our wage structure to bring here better players.

Gut wrenching for me all this.

I'm with @Zatara on this one. If we are going to "sacrifice" a gun for the wage issue, we need one or two guns in for the sacrifice. None of the names we are being mentioned with are worthy to date.

I'm with @Kendall's Dream here, sell Coleman. If needed then sell Cleverley and Mirallas as well + some of the deadwood.

Brings in about the same as Stones. Should NEVER sell your potential superstars.

Who on earth could we sign to make up for losing Stones?

I really like John. But 50m for a centre back is really a great offer. I would sell especially as it should allow us to smash our wage structure to bring here better players.
This where we are having disagreements mate. Will we in fact bring in better players? Or less talented players we overpay for just to get here?

I'm with @Kendall's Dream here, sell Coleman. If needed then sell Cleverley and Mirallas as well + some of the deadwood.

Brings in about the same as Stones. Should NEVER sell your potential superstars.

makes the gulf between the good teams and the title challengers all that much bigger... we are supposed to be closing the gap now we have money etc, but infact we would be widening it.

i actually agree with you for once zat!

makes the gulf between the good teams and the title challengers all that much bigger... we are supposed to be closing the gap now we have money etc, but infact we would be widening it.

+1

Strengthening a stronger team and hurting us.

+1

Strengthening a stronger team and hurting us.

weve always HAD TOO.. to make ends meet.

now we are in a different position tho, it makes no sense.

if he has handed in a transfer request , then we should sell to a european team. not our competition if you will.

its like man city selling aguero to United. would never happen. but if he wanted to go, then they would sell to real or psg..

i would be inclined to offer a stupid contract to stones which will make him stay, but in the long run will turn in to a great deal for us.

Last edited:

Almost any player who can defend. Most of you are in love with his ball playing ability. He isn't great in the air for his size, often losses his man and would rather dribble out of trouble than just smash it in row z.

If losing Stones means more money to stregthen then I'm for it. Can get a solid defender on the cheap, fancy isn't not needed (as proven last season)

weve always HAD TOO.. to make ends meet.

now we are in a different position tho, it makes no sense.

if he has handed in a transfer request , then we should sell to a european team. not our competition if you will.

its like man city selling aguero to United. would never happen. but if he wanted to go, then they would sell to real or psg..
Plus it tells top players looking to move to England we are still a selling team. Hurts us all around this one.

Imagine Stones does become world class.

Instead we have swapped him for Witsel and Schneiderlin....and more on wages and fees.

Well, its disgraceful, Moshiri said we would keep our top players and im afraid that so far i dont see any of them extending contracts.

Almost any player who can defend. Most of you are in love with his ball playing ability. He isn't great in the air for his size, often losses his man and would rather dribble out of trouble than just smash it in row z.

If losing Stones means more money to stregthen then I'm for it. Can get a solid defender on the cheap, fancy isn't not needed (as proven last season)

So you would you replace stones with?

As in Potentially World Class England International John Stones....

Oh and every top side has a ball playing CB....

stones has had a dreadfull season under martinez crap managment.

under koeman, a quality defender in his own right he will flourish. the lad has immense talent, why are we being offered £50m for him?/

both mourinho and pep, the two best managers in the world obviously rate him.

i would hate to sell to city and watch as he becomes their stallwart defender and stays for 10 years making the £50m look cheap. whilst we constantly search for the 'new john stones'.

if we have to sell then get rid of the utter drabb we have in midfield, do not sell your prize asset!

So you would you replace stones with?

As in Potentially World Class England International John Stones....

Oh and every top side has a ball playing CB....
Like I said I'd replace him with anyone who can defend. Something he struggles with.

Remind me how many minutes he got in the Euro's?

I don't see a top class defender in him right now. I see someone who wants to dance with the ball and dribble around. He's a Rolls Royce when what Everton need back there is a heavy duty truck.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back