• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost any player who can defend. Most of you are in love with his ball playing ability. He isn't great in the air for his size, often losses his man and would rather dribble out of trouble than just smash it in row z.

If losing Stones means more money to stregthen then I'm for it. Can get a solid defender on the cheap, fancy isn't not needed (as proven last season)

This.

We got Funes Mori in for ten million last season and he did better for us than Stones did.

This is the second year in succession he has handed in a transfer request.......that is one year too often for me.

There is an old belief in football.....don't hold on to unhappy players.

We saw how Stones struggled for most of last season, his head was elsewhere.

I am amazed we are likely to get even more from City than Chelsea offered last season.......it is beyond dispute he has not enhanced his reputation any this past ten months.

To sum up.....I would love it if Stones committed himself to the new Everton and tried to learn from one of the finest centre halves we have ever seen in Europe .

But if he has asked for a transfer again, then screw City for every penny they are willing to pay for him.

stones has had a dreadfull season under martinez crap managment.

under koeman, a quality defender in his own right he will flourish. the lad has immense talent, why are we being offered £50m for him?/

both mourinho and pep, the two best managers in the world obviously rate him.

i would hate to sell to city and watch as he becomes their stallwart defender and stays for 10 years making the £50m look cheap. whilst we constantly search for the 'new john stones'.

if we have to sell then get rid of the utter drabb we have in midfield, do not sell your prize asset!

He wants to go.

Otherwise the club would not be thinking of selling him.

You and me both know that if he wants to improve his game as a centre half then there is no better man to teach him than Ronald..........But he wants to go.

This.

We got Funes Mori in for ten million last season and he did better for us than Stones did.

This is the second year in succession he has handed in a transfer request.......that is one year too often for me.

There is an old belief in football.....don't hold on to unhappy players.

We saw how Stones struggled for most of last season, his head was elsewhere.

I am amazed we are likely to get even more from City than Chelsea offered last season.......it is beyond dispute he has not enhanced his reputation any this past ten months.

To sum up.....I would love it if Stones committed himself to the new Everton and tried to learn from one of the finest centre halves we have ever seen in Europe .

But if he has asked for a transfer again, then screw City for every penny they are willing to moah for him.

we don't need 50 mil, we don't need any money we have moshi now

i'd take bony, navas, denayer and ichyeano on loan plus a few quid

bony to replace kone
denayer as a young replacement for stones
navas to replace mcgeady
ichyeano to partner lukaku and to be backup to bony/lukaku

we don't need 50 mil, we don't need any money we have moshi now

i'd take bony, navas, denayer and ichyeano on loan plus a few quid

bony to replace kone
denayer as a young replacement for stones
navas to replace mcgeady
ichyeano to partner lukaku and to be backup to bony/lukaku

Are you talking about Jesus Navas who plays for City?

Is he not a bit of a joke?

Stones decided to go over 6 months ago. He never really got past the transfer request refusal last summer.

He's a United fan, but the opportunity to work with Pep was what swung him to City. He's gone, and it's been all over barring the fee since about April.

Stones decided to go over 6 months ago. He never really got past the transfer request refusal last summer.

He's a United fan, but the opportunity to work with Pep was what swung him to City. He's gone, and it's been all over barring the fee since about April.

Phil Neville will be very upset :(

He had Stones earmarked as a "Manchester United player" from the first day he saw him train at Finch Farm.

Like I said I'd replace him with anyone who can defend. Something he struggles with.

Remind me how many minutes he got in the Euro's?

I don't see a top class defender in him right now. I see someone who wants to dance with the ball and dribble around. He's a Rolls Royce when what Everton need back there is a heavy duty truck.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Well that different to what his price tag suggests or praise from piqur hoddle etc

I'm with @Kendall's Dream here, sell Coleman. If needed then sell Cleverley and Mirallas as well + some of the deadwood.

Brings in about the same as Stones. Should NEVER sell your potential superstars.

Who on earth could we sign to make up for losing Stones?

That fella who played for Argentina in the summer looked good, Mori, also he can score goals as well as defend, he will do :)

Phil Neville will be very upset :(

He had Stones earmarked as a "Manchester United player" from the first day he saw him train at Finch Farm.
He'd have gone to Chelsea last summer if we'd have let him, but his family weren't that keen

I hope it's concluded shortly as its a charade, as he's already agreed terms

He'd have gone to Chelsea last summer if we'd have let him, but his family weren't that keen

I hope it's concluded shortly as its a charade, as he's already agreed terms

This maybe explains why Roy never used him in France?

He got him there then realised John had bigger things on his mind?

i see wes browns on a free...
picard-headesk_std.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back