• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically what we are now getting at it lukaku plus stones leaving equals this massive budget that we are supposed to have?, so I will ask the question again, what has actually changed?
That's what I am thinking too. PAlace, West Ham and Leicester are Already offering £15 - £35 million for players, and if u think every top half 'll club has around £50m effectively in transfer fees, why are we thinking TV MONEY + Moshiri + player releases= £100m? Where did this figure come from anyway?

On what Martinez and Graham jones rubbish management , koeman played for barca and won stuff wasn't he a defender too ?

He was but Stones won't allow to be forced to stay. Stones best move would be to learn from Koeman but pep and Jose are big pulls as well.

Stones is a class act and will bloom under pep tbf as well as us and he had a nightmare season for us. He was sulking, had a go at the fans which doesn't go on at other games. He likes to play it from the back which he can't do with us because the Everton fans want allow it and will boo and the Everton fans are nervous when he does this. Under pepe he will be allowed to do this and the fans won't boo him for it.

We have to move on and we are bigger then any player. I'm sure Koeman will find us a solid replacement and yet I do know stones is a one off player who we won't replace but if he won't sign a new contract then what can we do? We could sell him to Barca or PSG for 30 million or 50 million to a premiership club. I would try and sell him to Barca for 30 million plus add ons and a sell on fee and maybe a kid of their youth team.

That's what I am thinking too. PAlace, West Ham and Leicester are Already offering £15 - £35 million for players, and if u think every top half 'll club has around £50m effectively in transfer fees, why are we thinking TV MONEY + Moshiri + player releases= £100m? Where did this figure come from anyway?

If we sell both we will have around 150 to spend

Also young players have a misguided view of when they are peaking. Lukaku and stones are far from ready and why would you leave a club that plays you every week. No way would they have so many games under their belt at city or. Chelsea

Ok and that's great, as I have said in the past, the average none forum using evertonkan is just going to see us sell lukaku and stones and get very sceptical about it all, and we may have the money to buy the players but will said players actually want to come to a club not in Europe, summer has a long way to go imo

Have a day off lad.

He has got more than £100m if he needs it.

Also young players have a misguided view of when they are peaking. Lukaku and stones are far from ready and why would you leave a club that plays you every week. No way would they have so many games under their belt at city or. Chelsea

Lukaku knows this which is why he came to us from Chelsea, he believes he is now good enough to start most games for any club.

Stones is an idiot thb

Smart people. Who suggest that "figure" is only a loose guide and the actual amount available is upward of that.

Its my belief that its 100m to spend plus any outgoing transfer money. So if Stones goes for 50m then 150m. Is this not so? Not being funny but as good as Stones is at playing out from the back 50m is too good to refuse. The lad still has a lot to learn about the priority of defending (especially crosses)

£100m was a figure the press released as a way to show we're rich now.

It's fictitious; we have way more.

He was but Stones won't allow to be forced to stay. Stones best move would be to learn from Koeman but pep and Jose are big pulls as well.

Stones is a class act and will bloom under pep tbf as well as us and he had a nightmare season for us. He was sulking, had a go at the fans which doesn't go on at other games. He likes to play it from the back which he can't do with us because the Everton fans want allow it and will boo and the Everton fans are nervous when he does this. Under pepe he will be allowed to do this and the fans won't boo him for it.

We have to move on and we are bigger then any player. I'm sure Koeman will find us a solid replacement and yet I do know stones is a one off player who we won't replace but if he won't sign a new contract then what can we do? We could sell him to Barca or PSG for 30 million or 50 million to a premiership club. I would try and sell him to Barca for 30 million plus add ons and a sell on fee and maybe a kid of their youth team.
Fair enough jags class true but is it true about stones refusing a new contract mate ?

Its my belief that its 100m to spend plus any outgoing transfer money. So if Stones goes for 50m then 150m. Is this not so? Not being funny but as good as Stones is at playing out from the back 50m is too good to refuse. The lad still has a lot to learn about the priority of defending (especially crosses)

Yep and he get caught out on long balls so he not the complete defender YET but got the potential to be one of the best but tbf English players are over rated

We'll spend whatever it takes to get Koeman the players he needs in key positions.

There is no ceiling on the transfer budget, but there will be sensibility in terms of squad building & value for money.

The journey is only just beginning.

We'll spend whatever it takes to get Koeman the players he needs in key positions.

There is no ceiling on the transfer budget, but there will be sensibility in terms of squad building & value for money.

The journey is only just beginning.

We can't buy first teamers who are in a CL team or players who want to join the premiership, we have to aim below that like Witsel, mata, Forster and lukaku will be the hardest to replace

Yep and he get caught out on long balls so he not the complete defender YET but got the potential to be one of the best but tbf English players are over rated

Totally agree. No doubt Stones will be an all round boss defender in a few years verging on world class but his main job is defence and at the moment he is average in that duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back