• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer window opened yesterday. Can we not wait until it closes before starting to criticise the new regime. This is the first transfer window since Moshiri came in. Let's give it time.

The fact is Koeman has said he is keen on improving team spirit and keeping two players who do not want to be at the club will not help. If they want to go and someone is going to pay the sort of fees mooted then frankly they can go, especially Stones. He was woeful for large parts of last season and it was not just down to Martinez.

John will be missed as he is a class young defender and myself i have always rated him highly despite the odd mistake. Simply if he wants to leave, it no good him being here anymore. Take the 50m and move on and sign another central defender with the money available.

Say we sell Stones and Lukaku who both clearly don't want to be here. With that money alone we'd be able to get Witsel, Schneiderlin, Mata, Van Dijk. Then use Moshiri's funds to buy a good goalkeeper and solve the striker issue, with possibly some left for another defender.

Seems to me like we'd have a much, much improved team - the striker being the biggest risk obviously, but perhaps we could attract someone like Higuain.

So you would you replace stones with?

As in Potentially World Class England International John Stones....

Oh and every top side has a ball playing CB....

We're nowhere near being a top side so you need to have defenders who can actually defend first. Look at the clubs that finished above us last year.

Leicester with their legendary ball playing centre backs Huth and Morgan just won the league.

Arsenal with Mertersacker and Koscielny, who are both just solid defenders and release the ball to better players immediately.

Liverpool with the technically brilliant Sakho and Skrtl...

West Ham with the incredibly gifted James Collins and not at all hoof merchant Ogbonna.

I could go on.

These lads can defend, and their teams all finished comfortably higher than we did. A ball playing centre half is a massive luxury, we need someone who can dominate the aerial battles and stop us conceding from every other cross, John isn't that player.

Say we sell Stones and Lukaku who both clearly don't want to be here. With that money alone we'd be able to get Witsel, Schneiderlin, Mata, Van Dijk. Then use Moshiri's funds to buy a good goalkeeper and solve the striker issue, with possibly some left for another defender.

Seems to me like we'd have a much, much improved team - the striker being the biggest risk obviously, but perhaps we could attract someone like Higuain.

Can't see us signing Higuain but I would try and get the young striker from city if they want stones. Iheanacho, and another striker like ??????

No he didn't...

He was easily our best player in the first half of last season. And yes, he probably does want to leave the club that finished 11th - with the other best player also wanting out - to join a club managed by the best manager in the world.

And he'll walk into that City team.

Will be a loss to us, but we'll get a good fee and move on - it happens.

Just try not to be so bitter. It isn't 1986 anymore. We're not top of the pile - even with this money.

I have always believed anywhere other than Everton is a step down and I always will.

Forget all the media bias and punditry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back