• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The financial aspect I refer to isn't the £50 mill transfer fee it is the wages to income levels. If we are bringing in top class talent they will have to be paid. Selling Stones would increase our profitability and therefore our ability to increase our wage bill.

instead of selling our prize asset to a rival we should offload mcCarthy, cleverley, osman and pienaar if we need to free up wages. get the deadwood out.

selling stones , when we are making 'signs of intent' is the wrong thing to be doing.

I'd like him to stay, but if he wants out £50M is good business and should be enough to cover two quality replacements. If he thought he was under pressure at Everton, try playing with a £50M price tag swinging around your neck at Citteh. Not a huge loss if he goes considering what we'll get for him - though I'd insist that Citteh pay the sell-on fee to Barnsley as part of the deal. It needs to be a deal that suits us - if not, he stays.

I know its been stated by some that hes going and @The Esk used him as an example in his cost thread but i was still hoping he would stay once we made some big moves in the transfer market.

However just had a chat with a mate whose really well connected at chelsea. He said they were asked if they wanted to match or compete with a bid we have received for Stones. They declined ao theres definitely something happening.

Also Lukaku been offered to everyone for a huge fee he says.

Im quite mad as for the cost control we could sell others like Cleverley, Coleman etc and Stones we need to pay barnsley 15%++ of any fee.

Heart wrenching losing potential superstar like stones and theres no way Koeman can replace him...

I thought koeman was meant to convince these 2 to stay as was our supposed "warchest".

Dark days.

instead of selling our prize asset to a rival we should offload mcCarthy, cleverley, osman and pienaar if we need to free up wages. get the deadwood out.

selling stones , when we are making 'signs of intent' is the wrong thing to be doing.

Osman and pienaar already gone with hibbert and howard.

kone and oviedo got extensions with gibson for no reason.

Thats a disgrace.

I'd like him to stay, but if he wants out £50M is good business and should be enough to cover two quality replacements. If he thought he was under pressure at Everton, try playing with a £50M price tag swinging around your neck at Citteh. Not a huge loss if he goes considering what we'll get for him - though I'd insist that Citteh pay the sell-on fee to Barnsley as part of the deal. It needs to be a deal that suits us - if not, he stays.

With some of the deals going on now £50mil less barnsley cut=£42.5mil.

Id want £60mil coming to us. They have the money and yes clearly guardiolas 1st choice.

I know its been stated by some that hes going and @The Esk used him as an example in his cost thread but i was still hoping he would stay once we made some big moves in the transfer market.

However just had a chat with a mate whose really well connected at chelsea. He said they were asked if they wanted to match or compete with a bid we have received for Stones. They declined ao theres definitely something happening.

Im quite mad as for the cost control we could sell others like Cleverley, Coleman etc and Stones we need to pay barnsley 15%++ of any fee.

Heart wrenching losing potential superstar like stones and theres no way Koeman can replace him...

I thought koeman was meant to convince these 2 to stay as was our supposed "warchest".

Dark days.
Do you actually believe it mate ?

Stones wants out - the others don't (and Osman and Pienaar have already gone!?).

And other than being another PL club, City aren't really our 'rivals'.

I want to keep Stones. He's class. But if he wants to go and play under Pep at a team who will almost certainly be challenging for the title and CL, then that's fair enough.

We'll only sell if the deal is right for us - but as @The Esk has clearly stated many of times, we almost certainly needed at least one big player sale this summer to compensate for wage increases and the like.

Dark days.

Zat, get a grip of yourself man.

City have made a tentative bid - which was probably always gonna happen - and Stones has said he wants to leave.

Rom has been touting himself since March to every half-decent club in Europe, but we've set our valuation. That's not us saying 'he's for sale'. That's us saying, 'right, this player wants out, but he isn't going anywhere unless we get x amount' (pretty certain it's around £60mil, which again has also been widely reported).

It's far from dark days.

In both cases the players won't be easy to replace, but should bring in a combined gross total of circa £110mil.

Think Stones is being sacrificed as for som rason we have nottried to sell players on to increase our wage budget which is disgraceful.
Stones was sacrificed last season by Martinez I'm going to stick up for the lad - Martinez and Graham jones rubbish management who couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery mate

Think Stones is being sacrificed as for som rason we have nottried to sell players on to increase our wage budget which is disgraceful.

It has absolutely nothing to do with that Zat. Please, give it a rest.

Stones - for the second year running - has said he wants to go. We've got an offer on the table from City, a sizeable one at that, and he wants to play under Guardiola.

We can use the money to re-invest back in the squad and up our revenue, therefore being able to increase the wages within the limits of FFP.

RK has been in the job two weeks and you expect that he should be looking to sell half of his squad - players that are more than capable of playing for us and doing it well - for a combined total that would be far less than we could get for one player that wants to leave?

I'm a big John Stones fan, but if he wants to leave let him go can't be doing with another transfer saga like last season. If city are willing to pay the 50m id drive him to manchester myself. He is replaceable id rather let stones go than lukaku as i see lukaku irreplaceable

Zat, get a grip of yourself man.

City have made a tentative bid - which was probably always gonna happen - and Stones has said he wants to leave.

Rom has been touting himself since March to every half-decent club in Europe, but we've set our valuation. That's not us saying 'he's for sale'. That's us saying, 'right, this player wants out, but he isn't going anywhere unless we get x amount' (pretty certain it's around £60mil, which again has also been widely reported).

It's far from dark days.

In both cases the players won't be easy to replace, but should bring in a combined gross total of circa £110mil.

So when Stones becomes the 1st choice CB for England and is world renowned and we have got £42.5mil for him wont you look back and think wtf?

I thought we were meant to have Koeman in as a superstar manager (which he isnt) to convince him to stay ? At least that was what alot of people were posting...

We need an English core of top players, every top side has had one...instead of this were selling to a rival for 4th place.

As for the wages situation, bar the £7mil:

Howard
Hibbert
Osman
Pienaar
= £160k ish

So about £300k in wages to use...say half that in contract extensions...

Sell Cleverley for say £7.5mil and hes on £50k a week wages thats another £200k.

£200k+£150k = £350k

Id say thats more than enough for 3 superstars...

If we need more then sell others!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back