• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Stones becomes the 1st choice CB for England and is world renowned and we have got £42.5mil for him wont you look back and think wtf?

I thought we were meant to have Koeman in as a superstar manager (which he isnt) to convince him to stay ? At least that was what alot of people were posting...

We need an English core of top players, every top side has had one...instead of this were selling to a rival for 4th place.

As for the wages situation, bar the £7mil:

Howard
Hibbert
Osman
Pienaar
= £160k ish

So about £300k in wages to use...say half that in contract extensions...

Sell Cleverley for say £7.5mil and hes on £50k a week wages thats another £200k.

£200k+£150k = £350k

Id say thats more than enough for 3 superstars...

If we need more then sell others!!!

No, I won't - in response to your first point. I want him to stay as much - if not more - than many people on here and any other Evertonian but, I'm realistic. He has said he wants to leave to join City, who have made a very sizeable bid in the region of £50mil. They're a club that will be competing in the CL, and for the title and the domestic trophies, and are now managed by the best (if not, one of the best, then) managers in world football, and Stones fits the Pep mould perfectly as a player.

It probably has very little to do with wages in that regard - it's about operating within our limitations - that are set by the revenue stream (e.g. we make so much, so we can only pay so much in comparison). So it's not that we need to compensate by selling other players to free up wages, but we need our revenue to be higher to then pay higher wages, and that can only be done in the short term (i.e. this summer) by selling for a large profit.

What are you gonna do, sell off all the squad bar Barkley, Stones, Del and Rom????

If Stones had said he wanted to stay, he'd be staying and we wouldn't sell. He wants to go, by the looks of it, though I'm sure there will be talks to come between him and the manager.

Sooner this is done the better as far as I can see, rather have the 50m then Stones, we can use that money to make the squad better in more than just one position.
No malice towards him, he ain't Barmby, but he ain't one of us either.

It's not quite the same as the likes of Rooney. Stones wasn't a boyhood blue who proclaimed his love for the club then bailed on deadline day. He doesn't really owe anything to EFC - and the last two seasons under El Fraudo would probably be enough to make anyone want to bail. If Stones wants to go, then as far as I am concerned that is fine - as long as we get good moolah for him... which we will.

So when Stones becomes the 1st choice CB for England and is world renowned and we have got £42.5mil for him wont you look back and think wtf?

I thought we were meant to have Koeman in as a superstar manager (which he isnt) to convince him to stay ? At least that was what alot of people were posting...

We need an English core of top players, every top side has had one...instead of this were selling to a rival for 4th place.

As for the wages situation, bar the £7mil:

Howard
Hibbert
Osman
Pienaar
= £160k ish

So about £300k in wages to use...say half that in contract extensions...

Sell Cleverley for say £7.5mil and hes on £50k a week wages thats another £200k.

£200k+£150k = £350k

Id say thats more than enough for 3 superstars...

If we need more then sell others!!!

Doesn't matter who is manager or what the clubs stance is if the player wants to go. He handed in a transfer request and has never withdrew it.

If that is his steadfast desire to leave, then he will probably get his wish.

I will not be wishing him well though if he thinks he can do better at a club that where in the 3rd tier of football recently. He will get a proper Goodison welcome like any other rat that turns their back on us.

50m is nothing in comparison with the chance to watch a young great make his name and win trophies at Goodison. Stones performances when in form were as good as I've seen technique-wise at Everton. No idea if he will end up as a defender or midfield but the kid has natural ability well above the average. Love watching him play, and thats something I'd hate to lose.

If it is has to be then ok, but no price tag or replacement player will make me feel less gutted if we sell.

Id be Koemans biggest fan if he somehow keeps hold of him.

No, I won't - in response to your first point. I want him to stay as much - if not more - than many people on here and any other Evertonian but, I'm realistic. He has said he wants to leave to join City, who have made a very sizeable bid in the region of £50mil. They're a club that will be competing in the CL, and for the title and the domestic trophies, and are now managed by the best (if not, one of the best, then) managers in world football, and Stones fits the Pep mould perfectly as a player.

It probably has very little to do with wages in that regard - it's about operating within our limitations - that are set by the revenue stream (e.g. we make so much, so we can only pay so much in comparison). So it's not that we need to compensate by selling other players to free up wages, but we need our revenue to be higher to then pay higher wages, and that can only be done in the short term (i.e. this summer) by selling for a large profit.

What are you gonna do, sell off all the squad bar Barkley, Stones, Del and Rom????

If Stones had said he wanted to stay, he'd be staying and we wouldn't sell. He wants to go, by the looks of it, though I'm sure there will be talks to come between him and the manager.

If you look again at my post we could have £350k a week there on wages....just by selling Clev. Thats after extensions.

Do we need more? Then sell someone else just not stones.

Saying sell half our squad is putting words in my mouth but we could easily sell a handful and it wouldnt affect us one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back