• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get £50m for him then i won't be complaining. I think he'll turn out to be a great player but he isn't there yet and he wants out. There are far more effective defenders out there that we could get for a lot less than that.
Agreed, no point keeping him if he is that determined to be gone and £50m for a centre half is ridiculous money no matter how much potential they have.

Starting price in the prem for average players is £30M so £60M to City is nothing.
This is so true.
He is worth more than the £50m as it stands now.
To buy a replacement would cost us loads.

Some Chinese club will offer £60m for him if we hold out long enough.

Fully fit Jags, and a post-Martinez Mori is still a decent back line. The only problem is if we're doing 3-5-2, then Stones would have worked really well. Can't see him playing every week for Man City surely, especially after he costs them a match or two

@BlueToff if we get £50mil its actually £42.5mil.

Barnsley take £7.5mil.

Id want £60mil for us.

As @bicycleheader wrote, no amount of money will make up for losing him.

I understand that's what you meant mate, and no I won't be happy that he goes. But £42.5mil is still a big sum. It won't make up for it but if the player has again stated his desire to leave (this time at the start of the window not in the end) then if we have to cash in we will do.

If you look again at my post we could have £350k a week there on wages....just by selling Clev. Thats after extensions.

Do we need more? Then sell someone else just not stones.

Saying sell half our squad is putting words in my mouth but we could easily sell a handful and it wouldnt affect us one bit.

It's not saving on the wages though Zat...

It's that if we want to bring in, for example, 3 x £30mil signings, and they all earn £100k+ p/week, and then 3 x cheaper signings on approx £50k p/week, and we want to offer Barkley and possibly Rom improved deals, we need our revenue to be up to get in with FFP.

Simply saving on wages by 'getting rid of' players doesn't cut it.

Would you fk stay here if you were John Stones.

He'll be on easily double what we're prepared to pay him, and he'll have a fresh start away from all the boo boys who can't handle seeing a defender do anything but hoof it upfield or snap someone.

Not to mention Champions League and a title challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back