• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
That how good he is when some of us want more then 50 million for him. He won't be a sterling , this is the real deal and I'm gutted he doesn't want to stay and learn from Koeman but pep is putting alot of faith in the guy as he should really buy someone who is complete as stones still got a lot to learn and be more aggressive in the air which is needed in this league

50m thanks and goodbye!

If Koeman is any good, he'll find a defender abroad for 20% of that price who will be much more effective* than Stones at centre back.

*maybe not as good on the eye, but more effective means no silly mistakes, making the right decisions, being more aggressive. Let's see what he can do.

Reported 50 million, take it and run - then lets get on with life!
This is it for me really, think he will be a quality player but his head was clearly turned last summer, we need from the off a squad full of players that want to be here.

Would you fk stay here if you were John Stones.

He'll be on easily double what we're prepared to pay him, and he'll have a fresh start away from all the boo boys who can't handle seeing a defender do anything but hoof it upfield or snap someone.

Not to mention Champions League and a title challenge.

I actually expect a title challenge from us next season. I am also confident we will finish above Man Citeh.

Pep will get battered in this league.

I actually expect a title challenge from us next season. I am also confident we will finish above Man Citeh.

Pep will get battered in this league.

Agree on this, be shocked if someone can walk right into this league from overseas and hit the ground running, one good thing about Koeman I guess, he knows what to expect.

Don't sell to league rivals. Even if you think you are better then the team buying, don't sell to league rivals. Sit him o the sidelines if he complains. You do not sell to rivals!

50m thanks and goodbye!

If Koeman is any good, he'll find a defender abroad for 20% of that price who will be much more effective* than Stones at centre back.

*maybe not as good on the eye, but more effective means no silly mistakes, making the right decisions, being more aggressive. Let's see what he can do.

And actually being able to win a heading duel.

Don't sell to league rivals. Even if you think you are better then the team buying, don't sell to league rivals. Sit him o the sidelines if he complains. You do not sell to rivals!

Agree on this but more so if it was Lukaku, that would really be a bad move, as for Stones, what if no one else wants him outside the Premiership top 6?

I notice the BBC have entered talks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36693122

Manchester City want to buy Everton defender John Stones, but would have to pay the Goodison Park club around £50m for the England international.

New City manager Pep Guardiola is keen to make Stones his next high-profile transfer of the summer.

Stones was one of only two outfield players not to see action in England's disappointing Euro 2016 campaign.

Talks have yet to take place, but the asking price would make Stones, 22, Britain's most expensive defender.

Everton have no need to sell, but the possibility is growing that Stones will leave before the start of the new Premier League season.

He was at the centre of a transfer battle last summer whenEverton rejected a succession of bids rising up to almost £40m from Chelsea, simply refusing to sell to then manager Jose Mourinho.

Guardiola has made Stones, who has 10 England caps, a priority target as he prepares to renew his rivalry with Mourinho, who is now across the city at Manchester United, and looks certain to get his man.

Manchester City have already signed Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and completed a £13.8m deal for Spain forward Nolito from Celta Vigo after their interest in Euro 2016 was ended by Italy.

Everton will give any money they get for Stones to new manager Ronald Koeman to increase his already considerable transfer fund.

I notice the BBC have entered talks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36693122

Manchester City want to buy Everton defender John Stones, but would have to pay the Goodison Park club around £50m for the England international.

New City manager Pep Guardiola is keen to make Stones his next high-profile transfer of the summer.

Stones was one of only two outfield players not to see action in England's disappointing Euro 2016 campaign.

Talks have yet to take place, but the asking price would make Stones, 22, Britain's most expensive defender.

Everton have no need to sell, but the possibility is growing that Stones will leave before the start of the new Premier League season.

He was at the centre of a transfer battle last summer whenEverton rejected a succession of bids rising up to almost £40m from Chelsea, simply refusing to sell to then manager Jose Mourinho.

Guardiola has made Stones, who has 10 England caps, a priority target as he prepares to renew his rivalry with Mourinho, who is now across the city at Manchester United, and looks certain to get his man.

Manchester City have already signed Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and completed a £13.8m deal for Spain forward Nolito from Celta Vigo after their interest in Euro 2016 was ended by Italy.

Everton will give any money they get for Stones to new manager Ronald Koeman to increase his already considerable transfer fund.

From McNulty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back