• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sell to league rivals. Even if you think you are better then the team buying, don't sell to league rivals. Sit him o the sidelines if he complains. You do not sell to rivals!

He might give us a few goals after his famous fckups tough. I'd loan him to liverpool, that'd increase our chances to win derby for the first time in 100 years

It's not saving on the wages though Zat...

It's that if we want to bring in, for example, 3 x £30mil signings, and they all earn £100k+ p/week, and then 3 x cheaper signings on approx £50k p/week, and we want to offer Barkley and possibly Rom improved deals, we need our revenue to be up to get in with FFP.

Simply saving on wages by 'getting rid of' players doesn't cut it.

How so? It still comes up with the same amounts.

How so? It still comes up with the same amounts.

If we sign one player on 100k a week, that's 5.2 million a year increase to the wage bill.

If we increase the wage bill by more than 7 million compared to the previous year, then the extra above the 7 million can only come from certain sources - in reality for us the only source is profit from player sales. That's the rules the club signed up to.

We are, apparently, on the verge of several big signings, hence a massive increase in wages. We can only do this if we sell for a big profit. Clearing a few squad players off the wage bill won't cover it.

I bet you'd say the same about rodwell few years back. "Future england captain" etc etc time will tell as for today he is a shy bloke from barnsley. Skillfull defender who can't defend and can't score goals
Kinda like David Luiz.... Even the fee might be similar :) just the hair to go

If we sign one player on 100k a week, that's 5.2 million a year increase to the wage bill.

If we increase the wage bill by more than 7 million compared to the previous year, then the extra above the 7 million can only come from certain sources - in reality for us the only source is profit from player sales. That's the rules the club signed up to.

We are, apparently, on the verge of several big signings, hence a massive increase in wages. We can only do this if we sell for a big profit. Clearing a few squad players off the wage bill won't cover it.

I cannot understand why so many of our friends on here are having difficulty understanding this concept.

It has been splendidly elucidated by @The Esk and it is quite simple.

I will be sorry to see him go but think he fell out of love with us a bit last year despite the fans being so made up we did not sell him. We have to do one big deal to sort the wages in the other deals so it might as well be him because we can probably build a good defence without him. Shame because I think he is a special talent but also suspect he will have to step up very quickly at City or he will be another Rodwell.

I will be sorry to see him go but think he fell out of love with us a bit last year despite the fans being so made up we did not sell him. We have to do one big deal to sort the wages in the other deals so it might as well be him because we can probably build a good defence without him. Shame because I think he is a special talent but also suspect he will have to step up very quickly at City or he will be another Rodwell.

Was he ever in love with us? He put in a transfer request first chance he got.

As I understand it, we specifically have to show a profit. IE selling Rom for £40m (hypothetical figure, I wouldn't let him go of so little) would only show a profit of £12m because we paid a lot for him to start with.

Basically, we need to ship out McGeady and Cleverley for £20m each.

As I understand it, we specifically have to show a profit. IE selling Rom for £40m (hypothetical figure, I wouldn't let him go of so little) would only show a profit of £12m because we paid a lot for him to start with.

Basically, we need to ship out McGeady and Cleverley for £20m each.

Now yer talkin'

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back