• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

We got Funes Mori in for ten million last season and he did better for us than Stones did.

This is the second year in succession he has handed in a transfer request.......that is one year too often for me.

There is an old belief in football.....don't hold on to unhappy players.

We saw how Stones struggled for most of last season, his head was elsewhere.

I am amazed we are likely to get even more from City than Chelsea offered last season.......it is beyond dispute he has not enhanced his reputation any this past ten months.

To sum up.....I would love it if Stones committed himself to the new Everton and tried to learn from one of the finest centre halves we have ever seen in Europe .

But if he has asked for a transfer again, then screw City for every penny they are willing to pay for him.
I'd want at least one top signing, anywhere on the pitch, to warrant such a sacrifice for the wage issue. Not 2 or 3 that won't make a difference to our league position, whom we overpay though.

Koeman has much higher aspirations I believe.

seriously hope so.

i know ive come across as mr negative on here tonight but christ it does my head in watching other team nabbing good players and bettering their squads while we sign reserve goal keepers and are just about to off load our biggest prospect since rooney!

I'd want at least one top signing, anywhere on the pitch, to warrant such a sacrifice for the wage issue. Not 2 or 3 that won't make a difference to our league position, whom we overpay though.

mata would be a great start. then like connor reckons, a truly great, leader of a centre back.

This.

We got Funes Mori in for ten million last season and he did better for us than Stones did.

This is the second year in succession he has handed in a transfer request.......that is one year too often for me.

There is an old belief in football.....don't hold on to unhappy players.

We saw how Stones struggled for most of last season, his head was elsewhere.

I am amazed we are likely to get even more from City than Chelsea offered last season.......it is beyond dispute he has not enhanced his reputation any this past ten months.

To sum up.....I would love it if Stones committed himself to the new Everton and tried to learn from one of the finest centre halves we have ever seen in Europe .

But if he has asked for a transfer again, then screw City for every penny they are willing to pay for him.

Hard to blame Stones tbh, had to put up with crap from his own supporters at Goodison every time he stepped on the pitch. The rest of the world's top clubs are clamoring over a CB that can be composed on the ball and play out of pressure and the Goodision faithful jump on his back every time he has a misstep. We'll call him Judas when he comes back though.

Until its reported properly and not just a rumour from a paper (most llikely city have put the story out there to push a reaction), then i wouldnt think to much about it.

Personaly id like to keep him and build a back 3 around him.
If we cant keep him id ask city to chuck that deneyar in on the deal

50m is ridiculous for a player who's defending is still not 100% convincing.

We would be a lot more solid at the back with the likes of Ashley Williams (example) and that money could be reinvested in better attacking players than we have.

I appreciate he is a ball playing centre back so hence why is fetching a premium.

Still massive question marks over his defending for me though.

Imagine Stones does become world class.

Instead we have swapped him for Witsel and Schneiderlin....and more on wages and fees.

Well, its disgraceful, Moshiri said we would keep our top players and im afraid that so far i dont see any of them extending contracts.

But if he doesnt want to stay? What can we do? We have to get rid of this attitude from the dressing room. Keeping a player against his wishes won't do us any good and could put players off joining us.
If a club put a 50 million bid jn, he gone. Last season chelsea was trying to bully us into £35 million, city will pay the extra. All season you could tell he didn't want to be here, did he even give one interview to the fans ? He been in a mood since we blocked his move to chelsea, I would sell him abroad but we would have to lower his fee if we do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back