• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's put significant funds into the club very recently - I can promise you that.
Ok and that's great, as I have said in the past, the average none forum using evertonkan is just going to see us sell lukaku and stones and get very sceptical about it all, and we may have the money to buy the players but will said players actually want to come to a club not in Europe, summer has a long way to go imo

Don't get it. People on threads saying 30m is the new 15-20m in this window but being very happy with 50m for Stones.

He's one of a kind and I'd be gutted if we sold him for 50m (we would only get 43 of it). He's already a great player and is only going to get better, whether that's under Koeman or Guardiola.

I understand we need to sell a big player, make profit etc. I'd rather go another way round it to prevent selling Stones and Lukaku. Maybe sell Cleverley and Coleman? Surely that'll be enough?

At £50m we'd be stupid not to do business. Whilst I believe he has what it takes to be one of the best around, he was awful for large parts of last season and when you see sterling impersonating a footballer at city, you realise buying young players like that is a risk. If he realises his potential then they'd arguably be getting a bargain but potential and producing on the pitch week in week out are two very different things

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was a Man U fan as a kid. Why would you want to sign for your rivals?

Kind of agree on this, not arsed once he has gone, so many seem to be happy to forget he banging in a transfer request soon as an offer was put in for him, and it wasn't to save us money.
He got a massive pass off our fans for the transfer request, cos he is actually a bit boss.

We have changed as a club now though, although some still can't get their heads round it.

He can go.. For top dollar.

If both Stones and Lukaku want to go - let them. Neither player, most particularly Lukaku have had a good attitude for ages and that sort of thing is cancerous at a club.

The optics of how this would look may potentially give us a problem though, but that would be overcome if we managed to secure several top quality signings. Spurs recovered after selling Bale and despite Lukaku having an ego the size of Texas, we all know he isn't fit to lace Bale's boots.

The squad will look very thin if both go - pressure will be on Koeman and Moshiri in earnest then and we would have to sign 5-6 players, not including Stekelenburg.

Don't get it. People on threads saying 30m is the new 15-20m in this window but being very happy with 50m for Stones.

He's one of a kind and I'd be gutted if we sold him for 50m (we would only get 43 of it). He's already a great player and is only going to get better, whether that's under Koeman or Guardiola.

I understand we need to sell a big player, make profit etc. I'd rather go another way round it to prevent selling Stones and Lukaku. Maybe sell Cleverley and Coleman? Surely that'll be enough?

I think alot of our fans have gotten a bit above themselves since moshiri came, we are not on the same level as man city or Utd never mind Madrid or Bayern, if a top side in the CL offers a massive amount of money for one of our players they will leave, likewise if we take £30 million of that £50 and offer it to Stoke or Saints for Butland or Forster they will probably sell. Football has and always will be a food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back