• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically what we are now getting at it lukaku plus stones leaving equals this massive budget that we are supposed to have?, so I will ask the question again, what has actually changed?

I'd personally rather keep both than go on a spending spree due to it seemingly being counter-productive.

I'll miss him as I love his style. Can't say I'll be clapping him if he comes up against us though. Dead to me when he leaves.

Have had a couple of people saying that he's not committed to signing an improved contract at Everton.

It's sad we didn't acquire these players when the club and management were much more stable. But I've maintained that Everton are now financially in a position not to "beg" want-away players to stay. We can afford to acquire talent to replace them. Not saying that's an easy task, but a mature, professionally-run football club must have the ability to deal with changing circumstances on the fly.

Keep players against their will? Not sure that is a great way to start the new season when team spirit was so poor at the end of last season. Can you imagine Rom having a mega-sulk and bothering even less than he did in the last 10 games of last season?

Yes I get you, and I agree it's a risk, but I just fear what happens if we lose his goals and replace him with someone nowhere near as good. We have so much complete dross in the squad too. We've been chronically mis-managed over the last 18 months or so.

Looks at how VVD played under Koeman last year. He was outstanding. If Koeman believed Stones could become an all-time great of the game Moshiri would hold him to his contract. But if he is a disruptive bell, who thinks he is untouchable, then take the money and reinvest in committed players who can actually defend.

it's serious money isn't it mate for a player who I still lob in the "potential" category ( albeit world class potential). but by the end of last season I was thinking we would be lucky to get 25m for him as he'd been absolutely crap. Regardless how bad Bobby was, Stones didn't pull his finger out of his arse until Man Utd 2nd half fa cup semi final. He was superb that half but 50m is ridiculous for a centre back, take that all day every day of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back