• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had the time to read over all the pages... have to say we need to sell Stones. He is a quality player but that £50m or whatever would be great business for a lad signed for a fraction of that. You'd get two or three quality centre halfs in to replace him for that money.

If they buy Bonucci I can't see them going for Stones. Would be happy if we kept him, think he'd thrive under a coach who understands the need to train the defensive side of the game.

A lot of posters on bm think Pep will be playing 3 at the back, which would explain our transfer targets. So even if we do sign Bonucci I still think we'll want Stones.

A lot of posters on bm think Pep will be playing 3 at the back, which would explain our transfer targets. So even if we do sign Bonucci I still think we'll want Stones.
Even if Pep wants to play with three at the back surely they won't need both Stones and Bonucci. That'd leave City with Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Bonucci, Stones and there's also young Jason Denayer who they apparently rate really highly is now 21, has had a couple of good loan moves and looks ready to go. Surely that's over kill, especially when they'll all expect to be starters.

Even if Pep wants to play with three at the back surely they won't need both Stones and Bonucci. That'd leave City with Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Bonucci, Stones and there's also young Jason Denayer who they apparently rate really highly is now 21, has had a couple of good loan moves and looks ready to go. Surely that's over kill, especially when they'll all expect to be starters.

Mangala is on his way out and it wouldn't surprise me if Otamendi went too. He was so inconsistent last season and spent more time on his backside than a sub. As much as it pains me to say, Kompany can no longer be relied upon. He seems to break down every few games.

Most Citeh fans expect a few departures. I doubt that Mangala and Otamendi will be first choice and at least one of those will leave.

I'd suggest it may be Mangala. There's also quiet talk of Kompany being eventually moved on because they're unsure of his overall fitness.

Most Citeh fans expect a few departures. I doubt that Mangala and Otamendi will be first choice and at least one of those will leave.

I'd suggest it may be Mangala. There's also quiet talk of Kompany being eventually moved on because they're unsure of his overall fitness.

The question is how are they going to find a buying club that is willing to pay those gargantual wages they pay.

Mangala is on his way out and it wouldn't surprise me if Otamendi went too. He was so inconsistent last season and spent more time on his backside than a sub. As much as it pains me to say, Kompany can no longer be relied upon. He seems to break down every few games.
was it him who got put on their backside in the semi?

The question is how are they going to find a buying club that is willing to pay those gargantual wages they pay.
now the entire premier league is loaded that shouldnt be a problem? I wonder if he PL will be the new Russia/China with over the hill high waged players going to bournemouth rather than Russi dn China now. I dont think clubs will struggle to get high earning flops off the books anymore which might lead to more transfer activity.

was it him who got put on their backside in the semi?

He gets put on his backside about 4 times a game, he's incapable of staying on his feet. I get fed up of arguing with other City fans who think he's great because he makes some fantastic sliding tackles. Admittedly it looks good when it comes off and he does win a fair few. When it doesn't come off, he either gives away a free kick or is left on his arse while the oppo player scampers away for a one on one with Hart. He's a liability.

now the entire premier league is loaded that shouldnt be a problem? I wonder if he PL will be the new Russia/China with over the hill high waged players going to bournemouth rather than Russi dn China now. I dont think clubs will struggle to get high earning flops off the books anymore which might lead to more transfer activity.

A Chinese director of football claimed they pay three times as what the player would get in Europe. I don't think the English teams have become that richer, but the gap has probably shrunk.

Those looking to sell Stones have a Plan B in mind if this is true?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...s-transfer-latest-refuse-to-increase-contract

Manchester City could sign £51m defender this week: Juventus reluctant to raise his wages
JUVENTUS could reportedly accept Manchester City's £51million bid for Leonardo Bonucci this week.
By JOE SHORT
PUBLISHED: 11:08, Mon, Jul 11, 2016 | UPDATED: 11:09, Mon, Jul 11, 2016

Leonardo-Bonucci-688227.jpg
GETTY

Leonardo Bonuccihas won the Serie A title five times with Juventus
City are said to be keen on landing centre-back Bonucci, with reports in Italy claiming the big-money bid was launched last week.

Juve want to retain their star defender but are realistic about those chances, with City prepared to double his wages.

And Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claim Juve are lining up a move for Bayern Munich's Medhi Benatia as a replacement for the Italy international.

According to the claims, a formal bid for Benatia could be in place by Wednesday, at which point Juve could accept City's Bonucci offer.

City are prepared to hand Bonucci a five-year contract worth £6.9m a season, or £132,000 a week.

That would more than double the Italy international's £3.2m-a-year deal he currently earns in Serie A.

Medhi-Benatia-589313.jpg
GETTY

Juventus could replace Bonucci with Bayern Munich's Medhi Benatia
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is also said to be interested in Bonucci after previously coaching the player when boss of Juve and during his spell in charge of Italy.

But City manager Pep Guardiola is supposedly determined to land his man as he seeks a centre-back partner for Vincent Kompany for next season.

He gets put on his backside about 4 times a game, he's incapable of staying on his feet. I get fed up of arguing with other City fans who think he's great because he makes some fantastic sliding tackles. Admittedly it looks good when it comes off and he does win a fair few. When it doesn't come off, he either gives away a free kick or is left on his arse while the oppo player scampers away for a one on one with Hart. He's a liability.
He reminds a lot of Heitinga, even down to the weird running style.

Tidy on the ball, decent in the challenge, but woefully out-matched by anyone with a physical presence.

I'll be gutted if we don't sell Stones this summer. Watch his value drop to the point that we will be stuck with him for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back