• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's boring though. City are in China at the moment anyway, so doubt anything will happen until they're back?

Depends mate, breaking the world record fee for a defender and introducing him whilst on tour in China is a decent way to get a lot of extra publicity whilst they are over there though, wouldn't exactly be a bad PR move by them doing it that way

Question to those who understand STCC better than i do, how will the percentage pay off to Barnsley be calculated into player trading profits?

Question to those who understand STCC better than i do, how will the percentage pay off to Barnsley be calculated into player trading profits?

True but if they are good enough they'll play. I'd rather have Galloway or Browning in there as fourth choice than somebody of the quality of Alcaraz, for example. I do want us to go out and get a top class defender in though if/when Stones does leave.
I highly doubt in koeman and Walsh that we will see a defender of alcaraz's 'ability' at Everton ever again.

Equally so could Stones - considering he's only been in training four days it seems feasible he wouldn't be risked.

I mean, I'm not saying we're not gonna end up selling him - we probably will - but I don't buy into the conspiracy theories either.
Is this about him not playing at Barnsley?

It surprised me when I saw that, because you'd think it's a game he'd like to play in.

Depends mate, breaking the world record fee for a defender and introducing him whilst on tour in China is a decent way to get a lot of extra publicity whilst they are over there though, wouldn't exactly be a bad PR move by them doing it that way

true. Think we'd have heard more though if it were going to happen in the next few days, IMO. As in he;s off for a medical etc etc

Would guess, that the payoff would be classed as part of the original transfer fee? Therefore, profit would be less combined fee?

most of that clip is him carrying the ball out from the back which no one doubts he is very good at .Would love to see some clips of his defending crosses but you would be lucky to find them.

Is this about him not playing at Barnsley?

It surprised me when I saw that, because you'd think it's a game he'd like to play in.

yep.

i don't buy into the theory that it's anything more than him just not being fully fit.

He is in all likelihood going to leave in the next few weeks, but still I think if he'd been fit he'd have featured.

If we sold stones for £60mil then it would show the most expensive defender ever being someone with huge potential and the next best being an absolute donkey in david luiz.
I personally think stones makes as many mistakes as Luiz, his positional sense is as bad as I've seen at Goodison. Most wouldn't agree but I would have a Scott Dann or Shawcross any day of the week over John Stones

I personally think stones makes as many mistakes as Luiz, his positional sense is as bad as I've seen at Goodison. Most wouldn't agree but I would have a Scott Dann or Shawcross any day of the week over John Stones

Scott Dann is slow and therefore has to play too deep, thought he was a great centre back at one stage but he is limited and playing in a team that plays further up the pitch, he will get caught out. Shawcross I like, good old fashioned centre back, playing alongside The Beast would be very formidable.....

Ok people are looking at Shawcross as a replacement.
40Acsk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back