• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may have persuaded him after the 'accidental' request but perhaps he made his mind up completely when he was booed.

Finishing 11th two years in a row probably didn't help either.

That said, he is nowhere near the defender he needs to be. He seduces everyone with his on the ball ability...which is sexy as hell I must admit.

His positional awareness and ability in the air defensively are still very suspect.

I'd love for him to develop into what we all hope he can be here in an Everton shirt, but it's hard to turn down the kind of money a flawed player like him will command in the market...especially since he seems to want to go. I say cash in while we can. Another year of suspect defensive ability will only drop his price.

As a professional footballer that is all understandable when it comes to fickle football fans though surely? He must know the fans still love him. I'm sure the fans on the street that he sees are desperate for him to stay.
Yeah, agreed, but it's the sum of all parts isn't it? RM's reign, attitude of some fans good & bad, head being turned by agent/CL clubs perhaps. I think RK could tap that potential & create a terrific player but his mind was made up long ago I think.

On a side note, he's got to have seen what can happen when you don't turn it on at these teams. Rodwell for example. If I was in his shoes, I'd swerve the big money move until I could justify the price but, then again, I'd play for Everton just for the free kit & free lunch!!!

I would have thought Koeman would be a great mentor for Stones, perfect match and might have a chance can e on keeping him but we are up against Pep who is the best coach in Europe wanting him which we have no chance in keeping him.

Looks like Koulibaly option off the table mow as he due to stay at Napoli. Don't rate India from Porto and reckon we need 2 senior CB'S now with Jags struggling.

If I were Stones, and I'm not BTW, I would be looking at spending the rest of my career with us and then I'd two foot Rooney into the hoardings at some point over the next twelve months. I'd probably take my shirt off and start stuffing it into his mouth yelling 'HOWS THAT TASTE JUDAS ESCARIOT LAD??' and any ban would be totally worth it IMO.

Looks like Koulibaly option off the table mow as he due to stay at Napoli. Don't rate India from Porto and reckon we need 2 senior CB'S now with Jags struggling.

Koulibaly was to expensive anyway and Koeman rates the lad from Porto so this one could be a goer.

Ideally we sign Koulibaly and Martin Indi. Sell Stones. Jags and Funes Mori as competition. 4CB to fight for 2 starting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back