• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEF claiming Stones is gone.

Davo saying we have someone lined up and the fee for stones is in the £55 -£60 mill region. Hopefully we sign the replacement first as there is nothing stopping their club from messing about at the last minute and changing their mind or upping the price.

Wouldn't say we need 4 senior centre backs, Galloway is easily good enough to be the 4th centre back.

Would be happy with Koulibaly, Funes Mori, Jags and Galloway.
Yeah could be mate. Like Galloway too. It could be ok with 3 senior CB's and Galloway (Pennington and Browning) as cover. I just think Jags might be in and out this year because of age and injuries. Feel we need at least one dominant CB.

Wouldn't say we need 4 senior centre backs, Galloway is easily good enough to be the 4th centre back.

Would be happy with Koulibaly, Funes Mori, Jags and Galloway.

Holgate really impressed me yesterday as well. Him and Galloway were a bit shaky in the first half but once the more experienced Mori came on Holgate looked really assured.

With Browning also in there, and Pennington, I do think RK will give them time to impress up until the end of the deadline, and only if he needs will he bring in a more experienced player as fourth choice.

If I were Stones, and I'm not BTW, I would be looking at spending the rest of my career with us and then I'd two foot Rooney into the hoardings at some point over the next twelve months. I'd probably take my shirt off and start stuffing it into his mouth yelling 'HOWS THAT TASTE JUDAS ESCARIOT LAD??' and any ban would be totally worth it IMO.

Not so much John Stones, more Stones Cold Steve Austin

Yeah that's a fair point. I think if your mate alongside you is pacy you can get away with being a bit slower though as long as you have a brain.

Sounds a bit like what the old boys tell me about Ratcliffe and Mountfield that, even though I never had the pleasure to watch them play.

It's a shame how this has all worked out really.

He was absolutely loved here, and I thought he'd be out next captain as we battled for the Champions League places. His interviews were a breath of fresh air and he came across as a great lad.

We had a poor season but Stones was outstanding and he got his head turned that summer by Mourinho.

We kept hold of him but truth be told he'd already made his decision. His performances suffered and we had another very poor season.

Yeah we'll get a big price for him but it's all a bit sour from my end. I would like him to reach his potential but at the same time I wanted him to do it at Goodison. As soon as he walks out the doors I don't think I'll care too much for him.

PS - Watch him become first choice for England automatically after his move.

"Posted in the staff room not long ago. He's definitely gone and we have somebody lined up."

From Davo, who appears respected on there. Hopefully for a good fee.

Should we get £40m+ for the lad I think we will have done exceptional business, getting him for £3m (Moyes, Martinez both can take credit for his purchase and development)...

What's going to happen if/when we sell stones then sign a couple of players? Ppl will say we needed to sell to buy. Doesnt matter what ppl say of course. We don't have to sell to satisfy rules before spending big do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back