• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont want anyone here who don't want to be here

or at the very least - i don't want to be going through this distraction every year! he can f off as far as i'm concerned - see how long he lasts in citys back line before hes replaced by a midfielder and ends up on the bench like that over hyped little meff sterling

How do you know he wouldn't? He didn't exactly have a stellar season last year.

I mean...two summers on the bounce he's said he wants out. We can get a massive fee for him even though we don't need to sell.

Good luck to the lad IMO.

I don't. We don't.

But as pero my post above I don't think him having a relatively poor season when the whole squad more or less disappointed is proof of him having a poor attitude.

And I dont care about massive fees, I care about watching great players or potential greats at Everton. 40m...75m...doesnt really make a difference to me come match day.

I don't. We don't.

But as pero my post above I don't think him having a relatively poor season when the whole squad more or less disappointed is proof of him having a poor attitude.

And I dont care about massive fees, I care about watching great players or potential greats at Everton. 40m...75m...doesnt really make a difference to me come match day.

I would rather make a big profit that will be reinvested in players that want to be here.

If he was the finished article and definitely one of the best center halves in the league, then yeah it would be harder to take.

He's nowhere near that level...he POTENTIALLY could be though.

How do you know he would stink the place out if we rejected all bids? Thats not a given at all in football, its just a cliché.

That might have been an exaggeration on my my behalf... but you do want players who are fully committed and don't have their heads turned elsewhere.

Basically Everton have a rough diamond who wants out, if he doesn't buy into what Everton are doing long-term it probably suits us to sell now and get in the finished article. He can do his learning and make his youthful mistakes elsewhere. Do them for us in another season whilst running down his contract and £54m won't be on the table. Everton aren't bending over for a richer club... we are being pragmatic.

Anyway....such a lot of waffle which does not address any of the points I made.

Which were.......that Stones handed in a transfer request last August, well in advance of the "manager losing his grip" and the "whole squad being crap".

That as far as we know, that transfer request was never withdrawn.

That Stones had a season which in any sane market would have seen his transfer fee go down rather than increase by between 15 and 20 million quid.

And that hanging on to unhappy players is not a very sensible policy.

Now.....if you disagree with any of those points that is fine, but if you do care to argue against them it would paint you as a bit of an ostrich because they are pretty self evident.

My advice to you is that Stones is going.....so just get over yourself.

We had just had an even worse season before that, with the majority of the squad playing even crapper so the club wasnt exactly a steady ship coming in to last season. Anyway i didnt mention the transfer request. It has no bearing on my opiniones stated. if he wants to go and cant be persaded otherwise then fair enough. I will be gutted, but wish him good luck.

A poor season, even from a young player who should be given more slack by a fair minded fan, will normally result in their value reducing, yes. I asked you to consider why his hasn't. If you choose to stick your head in the sand and believe its all just because of a crazy market then go right ahead ;) I've given you other reasons to think on or ignore.

I've already commented on the unhappy player idea. You only have to look at Suarez almost creating a nightmare for us blues in the season after he had his move to Arsenal denied against promses made. Theres an example to show its not always the case.

I would rather make a big profit that will be reinvested in players that want to be here.

If he was the finished article and definitely one of the best center halves in the league, then yeah it would be harder to take.

He's nowhere near that level...he POTENTIALLY could be though.

If it was just nomal potential then yeah not as big a deal, but like I said, for me he is the best we've had since Rooney left.

We will buy players every year no matter what. Some may be totally into Everton and get it like Cahill, some wont. I don't think the exact money we receive for Stones would changed that too much, so wont be at all arsed at how big the fee is.

That might have been an exaggeration on my my behalf... but you do want players who are fully committed and don't have their heads turned elsewhere.

Basically Everton have a rough diamond who wants out, if he doesn't buy into what Everton are doing long-term it probably suits us to sell now and get in the finished article. He can do his learning and make his youthful mistakes elsewhere. Do them for us in another season whilst running down his contract and £54m won't be on the table. Everton aren't bending over for a richer club... we are being pragmatic.

I have no stated opinión that we are bending over for City. I simply want an excellent player to stay, because I quite like watching talent and technique in our first team, and even more so if its a young talent. The business sense doesnt matter to me as much as it seems to matter to other fans. I dont know Stones, but if Koeman is going to make us more solid, I would imagine that even if Stones doesnt get the move he wants that he would excel under the new boss. He doesn't seem the un profesional type to me at all.

The glue is for you man. When did I ever say I never watch him play? I did say "not a lot". Next time when you quote someone, just don't twist words to suit your perspective. Using Scott Dann as a scenario is ridiculous anyway.

Well said

dont want anyone here who don't want to be here

or at the very least - i don't want to be going through this distraction every year! he can f off as far as i'm concerned - see how long he lasts in citys back line before hes replaced by a midfielder and ends up on the bench like that over hyped little meff sterling

pretty much the entire squad bar maybe a couple would want to leave if a super rich club in champions league came after them... does that mean we get rid of entire squad ?

I feel like a few people are missing the point of this. He didn't want to be here. You can kind of drag your heels with a player, like we are also doing with Lukaku, but Stones has done, on 2 years running, a 'thank you, good night' to us. His value, SOMEHOW, is higher than it was last year even with an absolute craptacular showing for most of the season.

It's good business.

Whether or not his position is filled sharpish and with a better player remains to be seen.

Literally the only problem I have with him going (besides the obvious "i wish he was staying with us" part) is that I think it doesn't really send a good message to supporters before any significant in comings have occurred. We've been told since May that this team and it's mentality has completely changed, it will almost certainly be August before any in comings have occurred. That's kind of Everton's modus operandi whether it be 'we need to sell first' or 'we want to save on wages' or whatever you want.

I feel like a few people are missing the point of this. He didn't want to be here. You can kind of drag your heels with a player, like we are also doing with Lukaku, but Stones has done, on 2 years running, a 'thank you, good night' to us. His value, SOMEHOW, is higher than it was last year even with an absolute craptacular showing for most of the season.

It's good business.

Whether or not his position is filled sharpish and with a better player remains to be seen.

Literally the only problem I have with him going (besides the obvious "i wish he was staying with us" part) is that I think it doesn't really send a good message to supporters before any significant in comings have occurred. We've been told since May that this team and it's mentality has completely changed, it will almost certainly be August before any in comings have occurred. That's kind of Everton's modus operandi whether it be 'we need to sell first' or 'we want to save on wages' or whatever you want.

Spot on. The guy been I'm a sulk since last season, did he even speak to the fans during the season over his transfer request. He wants out and believe he better then the club. We need to get rid of this drama from the club, he doesn't get the club I'm afraid. I know players want to move to richer clubs all the time but he just cold toward us and shows no love for the club. You can see that lukaku enjoyed his time here and speaks well of us plus he will also speak well of himself and flog himself as the same time. Baines didn't take it out on the fans when we denied him a Man u move.

Anyway I want a aggressive defender with passion and is a beast in the air. Not someone at 22 carrying a tebby bear on his back, timid on and off the pitch. He will suit pep as he won't be defending much and will be allowed on the ball more then he would here. Tbf he wont be city best defender.

He's a bell.

I don't care if he goes as long as we get a massive fee. Hopefully United come in as well and it goes to £75million.

What's important is EVERTON.

An Everton squad ready to win things.

Great young player for us with loads of potential. Shame he will leave us but he wants to go for the second time in one year and I can't be arsed with the media and the lanky Creature Comforts looking streak of piss patting us on the head so get as much as we can and hope he turns out Rodwell.

He won't turn out Rodwell like, and nea - hope the lad goes on to have a good career etc but not tooooooo good.

Still stick to my opinion he's the most gifted cb I've seen for us since ratters though, and if we could get him on board and find a way around this stcc stuff whist keeping him it'd be amazing, but not gonna happen.

So cheers stones, can't expect loyalty from him as we aren't nothing more than his employer, and ultimately that makes it easier to lose him, the players I miss our the good ones that also caught the Everton bug whilst here, stones never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back