• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Pennington damn well better be ready to step it up!

We'll definitely use a lot of the money to buy another CB, and then I think it'll be down to the end of the window when RK decides whether or not he wants to bring in a 4th choice, or rather stick with 4th choice being covered by Holgate/Galloway/Browning/Pennington.

Holgate really impressed me Tuesday night. Similar to stones in the way he doesn't panic on the ball and looks for the pass out. Very relaxed but efficient.

People all ready trying to play down how good the lad is though?

Yes, he's made mistakes. In my opinion no more or less than many of the 'so called' top defenders.

He gets slated for being a bad defender yet in the first half of last season was our best all-round player and defender, and that only stopped when he hit a shaky spell of form (as a 21-year-old in his second full season in the PL it's probably to be expected).

The knives were out from then on in and tbh for the Evertonians who don't want him here we're getting exactly what we deserve by selling him.

I don't want him to go, I want us to build a team around him, but ultimately he wants to leave for bigger (and, let's face it, probably better - at least in the short term) things, and we'll get a handsome fee for him which can be used to re-invest back into the squad.

Holgate really impressed me Tuesday night. Similar to stones in the way he doesn't panic on the ball and looks for the pass out. Very relaxed but efficient.

He was good vs Barnsley as well, in which he played 80 mins as CB. Totally agree his style is very akin to Stones.

A bit raw I think but certainly he looks capable of making the step up.

I just have one thing to say about stones and if he goes. I read quite a few contributors wishing him well and good luck etc etc. I for one don't give a monkey's what happens to him if he doesn't wear the blue of Everton any more he will become just another player for another team other than the team I love. If he goes goodbye and good riddance let's have somebody wearing the shirt who wants to wear the shirt end of!!!

In the team that had the most errors leading to goals...

Other than Swansea, what was a mistake that Stones made (overplaying wise) that led to a goal?

No idea how they make those calculations mate, hence the quote marks.
But yes, Stones is boss and we could all expect him to be the future england captain and whatnot and £50m i'll bite your hand off, and also i will miss him if he goes.

As much as we'll miss him, it appears we actually don't have much money to spend on new players, so somebody has to be sacrificed. Rather lose him than Lukaku. And 50m, can't really turn that down in our situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back