• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Stones is utterly boss and losing him is a shame

It's not the end of the world as we're getting good money to find a replacement, but I'm still sad to see such a good player go

I can udnerstand why some are acting like he's not "all that" though

It's a coping mechanism at the end of the day

Fair do's if that's what you feel you need to do to make yourself feel better, but it's not for me

He's great. The fact he's off doesn't somehow change that

As much as we'll miss him, it appears we actually don't have much money to spend on new players, so somebody has to be sacrificed. Rather lose him than Lukaku. And 50m, can't really turn that down in our situation.

For the 5 billionth time... WE HAVE THE MONEY WE DON'T HAVE THE WAGE ALLOWANCE YET. Christ like people on here suffer from memory less every time they wake up.

No idea how they make those calculations mate, hence the quote marks.
But yes, Stones is boss and we could all expect him to be the future england captain and whatnot and £50m i'll bite your hand off, and also i will miss him if he goes.

Imo those stats are so skewed though mate, as if you think about it literally every goal scored is down to a mistake from the opposition at some point, whether it's not getting half a yard closer or a keeper just taking a step too much/less.

The OP that I responded to was claiming that Stones had cost us goals by overplaying a lot, but my point was that as far as I can remember that happened once and it was when Howard conceded the penalty vs Swansea.

I was shocked too. I'm not a huge Bony fan but I read Koeman liked him a good while back. It might have been a lie of course that it was even spoken about.

yeh. IF - and it's in the Mail isn't it (the Bony story, haven't seen it anywhere else) it is true about us turning that down it seems a strange one. Then again I can't see City offering us £40mil plus Bony - who they will value at more than £10mil.

Swap deals rarely happen in the PL, and even if it was on the table it may have been a £30mil bid for Stones plus Bony, which I wouldn't have wanted us to take.

I just have one thing to say about stones and if he goes. I read quite a few contributors wishing him well and good luck etc etc. I for one don't give a monkey's what happens to him if he doesn't wear the blue of Everton any more he will become just another player for another team other than the team I love. If he goes goodbye and good riddance let's have somebody wearing the shirt who wants to wear the shirt end of!!!

I fear football may be leaving you behind mate :(

(re. wanting to wear the shirt)

Players aren't fans. Never have been never will be.

From Stones' pov his move to City makes more sense than staying at Everton, ultimately.

He'll be missed, but we'll move on and hopefully use the money to get a replacement who improves the team (as hard as that will be).

I've said this in the transfer thread but I'll stick it here too.. Shkodran Mustafi is apparently valued by Valencia at £21m and he's 24 years of age.

Oh!! We are doing that thing we do when we lose a boss player and pretend we aren't arsed really, even though it comes across like you really really are arsed.

It's ok to say you will miss him because he's really bloody good at football.

Whilst also saying Holgate is his ready made replacement.

What happened over night? Has there actually been a quote yet?

Nah mate the stories came out last night saying it was close.

Tbh I can see Stones going to Dresden as I do think we're wanting to have a 'definite' replacement lined up before letting him go.

Imo those stats are so skewed though mate, as if you think about it literally every goal scored is down to a mistake from the opposition at some point, whether it's not getting half a yard closer or a keeper just taking a step too much/less.

The OP that I responded to was claiming that Stones had cost us goals by overplaying a lot, but my point was that as far as I can remember that happened once and it was when Howard conceded the penalty vs Swansea.

Yeah, hard to pinpoint exactly when, but to be fair to OP in that case i figured he just wanted to make a general point about how last season was a bit of a struggle for Stones. And if you really want to suffer through viewing the 0-4 loss to the RS, he easily stands out as having a bad day. Plus i think his misplaced pass forward for the 3-0 can be counted as one of those mistakes, haha.

Granted, he is wrongfully accused of overplaying, simply down to the fact he had to carry so much responsibility and attention as "ball-playing centre back" last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back