• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry we improved your career with a chance of premier league football

Sorry you earn thousands and thousands a week for kicking a ball

Sorry you lead a financial stable healthy lifestyle

Ungrateful is the word. Every player wants to play for the biggest clubs and win trophies I get that, but his attitude is completely wrong. How many prospects have we seen city sign and end up on the bench and dissapear? It's not like stones is guaranteed to start for them or is good enough to play at the highest level yet so why does he want to move when he could learn here for a few more years?

If he improved his attitude and mood he would be twice the player

WhoScored: "No outfield player committed more errors that led to a goal in the Premier League last season than John Stones (3)"

I remember when he first got in the team he was always making mistakes I never really rated him, although he could be forgiven because he was so young. However years on he still makes these mistakes.

His price is massively inflated due to his youth and the fact he's English, and is one of the youngest centre backs playing regularly in the premier league

I remember when he first got in the team he was always making mistakes I never really rated him, although he could be forgiven because he was so young. However years on he still makes these mistakes.

His price is massively inflated due to his youth and the fact he's English, and is one of the youngest centre backs playing regularly in the premier league
It's inflated because he's one of a kind, he's simply got that classy look about him. Like him or not, he's a proper Rolls Royce on the ball and would be worth a fair amount no matter what his nationality was, although clearly not as much as he's worth being english

It's inflated because he's one of a kind, he's simply got that classy look about him. Like him or not, he's a proper Rolls Royce on the ball and would be worth a fair amount no matter what his nationality was, although clearly not as much as he's worth being english

One thing I'll say about Stones is his physique and height is outstanding for a defender. Perfect and he is the perfect built to get stronger as he gets older.

I just think most defenders come good late twenties so the fact he was starting in the league in his early twenties his price is obviously going to increase as he will only get better

Ungrateful is the word. Every player wants to play for the biggest clubs and win trophies I get that, but his attitude is completely wrong. How many prospects have we seen city sign and end up on the bench and dissapear? It's not like stones is guaranteed to start for them or is good enough to play at the highest level yet so why does he want to move when he could learn here for a few more years?

Spot on.

I am struggling to see what the hype is about though; can't remember any stand out performances last season, and i t's great money. So for me other than losing a British / Irish player to the 'merry-go-round' (where I'd rather see us invest internally), on the face of it this looks like good business as Stones wants out anyway.

He is clearly a top class footballer but not necessarily a quality defender.

There are question marks against his heading , concentration , and positional strengths.

He has a lot of potential to improve but £50m for a player of his current standard is an incredible offer and one we cannot turn down.

We should easily be able to replace him with a better defender ( but not one as comfortable on the ball ) which in turn will make us better as a team.

....if EFC are after a player who makes it known he wants to leave his current club and sign for us we applaud it. Players will want to leave us, when they want to stay is a sign that we are successful.

It's only 3 at the end of the day though, and if they count the one when Howard stepped back 5 yards from his backpass and allowed the striker to steal the ball against Swansea then it's only 2 tbh

I take it that means 'direct' errors. I'm pretty sure he was to blame for a fair few others that cost us goals along the way. Either way, as a defensive unit they're all equally responsible for being a complete shambles last season.

Get over it lads. Was inevitable. Guess we don't take getting binned well either? Full on stalkers some of you I'm guessing!!

Just seen the gob on him get a grip John, we are still paying you wages

Absolute rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back