• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a fantastic player. Good luck to the lad, but he is a centre half - far easier replaced than a 20 goal a season striker.
If he was under the spotlight last year, going to be another level this season.
The English media seem to crucify true footballers like Stones and Barkley, because they have the temerity to put their foot on the ball and try to play football.

Hes a class act , no doubt about it. He will improve with better players around him. Every player has strenghs and weaknesses, if he goes to City they will play to his strengths and work on his weaknesses. He is, imo, a ball playing defender who is excellent at it. As a previous pister said, two of the best managers in football have tried to sign him in the last 12 months, so they must see something in him.

Said loads of times I'll be gutted to see him go, wouldn't accept £30m + Bony though. Why should we take a player who is very similar to what we have but nowhere near as good?
Moshiri should start the negotiations like this "look Pep it's Arguero and £30m or do one lad"

Good luck to Stones though and I truly believe he will turn into the best CD in the world. Class act whose confidence was shattered once Bobby threw him under the bus.

I'd offer him to Manure and tell Jose that the 9 players he wants to clear out are all coming here

Last edited:

Miserable eh?

PAY-John-Stones-heads-to-Germany-with-Everton-for-pre-season-tour-MAIN.jpg

Bloody Hell

Dresden isn't THAT bad John Boy!

Going to be a fantastic player. Good luck to the lad, but he is a centre half - far easier replaced than a 20 goal a season striker.
If he was under the spotlight last year, going to be another level this season.
The English media seem to crucify true footballers like Stones and Barkley, because they have the temerity to put their foot on the ball and try to play football.

No mate, it's cos they play for us.

I'm not normally one for media conspiracies etc etc, but I can guarantee you that if they played for Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal, Spurs or God forbid even Liverpool they'd be given an easy ride and wouldn't be able to put a foot wrong.

No mate, it's cos they play for us.

I'm not normally one for media conspiracies etc etc, but I can guarantee you that if they played for Chelsea, Utd, City, Arsenal, Spurs or God forbid even Liverpool they'd be given an easy ride and wouldn't be able to put a foot wrong.

Agreed, I was trying to look at it without my blue tinters on!

In

in the air or on the ground I always feel he's got a big mistake in him

Defensively there's improvements to be made yes but for a 22-year-old he's pretty damn good.

On the ball I've never watched a player more assured and looking less likely to make a mistake. The odd under-hit pass, but Messi does that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back