• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if others have already brought this up but has anyone else noticed the poor body language from stones in the last couple of games.
Against Arsenal and again last night he seemed to be disinterested, sulking, shoulders slumped.
Also from where I was sat in the lower bullens, somebody had a go at him for misplacing a pass and he gave an unbroken stare back for about 20 seconds.
Strange because he was exemplary through the transfer request saga yet now something seems to be going on.

SELL HIM

He must be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't sign for Chelsea given the start they have had, because expensive new. signings are the first ones to cop the flack when a team are struggling.

lay off him lads. he still oozes class. we're not going to have great players playing for us if they get rollocked for a misplaced pass.

Sorry if others have already brought this up but has anyone else noticed the poor body language from stones in the last couple of games.
Against Arsenal and again last night he seemed to be disinterested, sulking, shoulders slumped.
Also from where I was sat in the lower bullens, somebody had a go at him for misplacing a pass and he gave an unbroken stare back for about 20 seconds.
Strange because he was exemplary through the transfer request saga yet now something seems to be going on.

GET HIM OUT OF THE CLUB NOW!

We should of sold him when we had the chance!
Infact on Sunday I am going to yell loads of abuse at him, groan when he doesn't nutmeg there centre forward every 5 minutes, him misplacing any pass must mean his attitude stinks and he is just a money crazy pube waiting for a move!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET HIM OUT OF THE CLUB NOW!

We should of sold him when we had the chance!
Infact on Sunday I am going to yell loads of abuse at him, groan when he doesn't nutmeg there centre forward every 5 minutes, him misplacing any pass must mean his attitude stinks and he is just a money crazy pube waiting for a move!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No one here is suggesting we sell him? Why is it wrong for us to be concerned by his body language and/or attitude in some of his most recent games? This is a discussion thread for John Stones' performances so think we're within our rights to speculate on his mindset so stop being an utter handbag and pipe down.

Maybe he feels like he's the senior CB now that Jags is injured? I mean he's been here longer than FM and he's played more games in England than him too. It's the first time he's ever played without a more experienced CB next to him, and that's a lot of responsibility, especially with 2 younger fullbacks either side and the second choice goalkeeper behind you.

He wants out, this is clear to everyone, so of course that's going to effect his game a bit. But he's the least of my concerns with the squad at the moment.

He wants out, this is clear to everyone, so of course that's going to effect his game a bit. But he's the least of my concerns with the squad at the moment.
If that's what's bothering him it's only become an issue in the last game or so. He was playing well and going mental when we scored before Jags got injured.

lay off him lads. he still oozes class. we're not going to have great players playing for us if they get rollocked for a misplaced pass.
The odd misplaced pass and poor performance are to be expected and people who criticise him for such actions are simply immature.

However, I think it is fair to question or be concerned over his recent body language. His confidence and vigour have always epitomised his play.

Instead he's recently looked somewhat sullen and even less interested; his performances have still been good so we shouldn't be too worried.

Yet, it would suggest that maybe not everything is perfect or fine behind the scenes. This could escalate if not dealt with which would be an issue...

I don't think his body language looks any different to how it always has. He's cool as hell, always totally relaxed and has always slouched his way round the pitch. He still runs and jumps when he needs to but mostly he's in control of everything effortlessly.

Definitely looked unhappy during the game and did not celebrate our equaliser. Did not exactly cover himself in glory for their goal either. That said I was pretty grumpy we did not batter them too! He looked happy enough at the pennos though. I thought he would love being the senior defender on Tuesday, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I fear our mixed form will add to a feeling of "it's been good but got to move on if I get the chance again". For all we know the defence had a rollicking before the game about goals conceded from crosses and it gave him the grumps!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back