• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stones stays is Kouliboly off?.

Have actually been thinking about this lately, lots of info to be taken in. So, bare with me as finance has never been my best topic/subject/thing that I do well at....

Guesstimate of wages saved by Hibbo etc leaving
= £140k per week
= Lukaku and Stones wage upgrades.
= Stones as DM instead of Carvalho? I actually feel that Stones would be really good in that position.

= Koulibaly using most of the £7mill extra wages, approx £130k per week(that stcc allows us to spend) and a chunk of the extra tv revenue.

Therefore, to get Mata we use the rest of the tv money and also need to sell players for his wages!
Likely candidates being McCarthy and Cleverley, combined wages probably equate to Mata's.
In this scenario, Ross needs to drop deeper (which he can do) and we don't buy many more players i.e not Witsel (big fee, big wages and although I would like him, not going to make or break us as a team). The odd squad player, like Gueye would be possible etc.

If you want Carvalho, Witsel then Stones is the sacrificial lamb, or willing participant!?

He'll go, there is always a stage in a deal like this where there is a contrived impasse as part of the courting between the clubs. It suits both to do a deal and I don't want JS here as it's clear he wants off.
That was their opening bid, not their final one. I do wish the media would employ people savvy enough to read between the lines and not act as unofficial spokesmen for clubs they are trying to curry favour with.

If he has 3 years left on his deal, we're not pressed to sell this summer (unless we really have to, as a means to free up cash per FFP). Next year is opitmum time to sell, so we can just play the game and sit tight (albeit with an unhappy player).

Why Everton are holding out for fifty million is beyond me... it really is. The kid is prospect only and at the moment is useless. You can definitely blame him for the German's team goal yesterday, along with Coleman.

But the ammount of mistakes he makes and add that to the fact we kept more clean sheets with him out of the team...

I would take 40 million and ensure there's no refunds :D

If City wont pay the £50mill, offer him a new deal on £110k with a £60mill release clause. £60mill may seem a bit high to him now but if he keeps getting better, coupled with the ever increasing fees then top clubs will be willing to pay it.

Why Everton are holding out for fifty million is beyond me... it really is. The kid is prospect only and at the moment is useless. You can definitely blame him for the German's team goal yesterday, along with Coleman.

But the ammount of mistakes he makes and add that to the fact we kept more clean sheets with him out of the team...

I would take 40 million and ensure there's no refunds :D
Thing is... Barnsley will take a chunk of any transfer anyway so if we got say £50... they would take around £10, leaving us with £40 anyway. The fact is we have him valued at £50. If they want him they have to pay it. I'm loving us being in a position to not roll over anymore. LOVING IT !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back